Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create VCDS-Cloud account (IOS)

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like

How to create VCDS-Cloud account (IOS)

Assuming you have successfully connected your HEX-NET Via infrastructure mode, the following instructions will walk you through the process of creating a cloud account.

NOTE: VCDS-Mobile App for IOS currently has an issue with our cloud registration page. You will need the App for the first step. All subsequent steps will use Safari.

The entire process should take less than 5 minutes.

Prerequisites:

HEX-NET plugged into car.
    HEX-NET connected to network with internet
    IOS Device- iPhone or iPad (android instructions will be available soon)
    VCDS-Mobile App (not needed, but makes it easier)

Step 1. Open IOS App :

The app will locate all HEX-NETs on the current network. Locate the IP number (highlighted in the picture above). Write this down. Then close out of the app.

Step 2. Open Safari.

Under the address bar, type in the IP number you wrote in the previous step. VCDS-Mobile login page will appear. The default password is: password.

Step 3. VCDS-Mobile Main Screen.

Press [Select].

Step 4. Select a module.

In this example, I click on Engine. You may select any module in this vehicle.

Step 5. Module Session.

VCDS-Mobile will connect to the module and display controller info.
    Click on the Functions button.

Step 6. Cloud Functions.

Click on the Cloud Functions.

You will now be redirected to VCDS-Cloud Splash screen:

Click on the Register button to proceed.

Step 7. Registration Username/Password.

You may now fill in the Username / Password fields. Make sure there are no spaces, and the passwords match. Then click on the register button. VCDS-Cloud will now redirect to the next page/step.

Step 8. Cloud Functions Accessed.

You now have access to Cloud Functions.

FIN
    Last edited by Andy; 10-17-2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Newer video

2. Likes Eric, Bruce, NEtech, romad, Mats@MFT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Note: You can use the App again after you've successfully created a cloud account. The only time you need to use a 'naked' browser is when you register for a cloud account.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still trying to learn vcds so when I want to access the cloud do I have to connect the Hex Net to my pc to get the Hex Net into infrastructure mode or is there another way to connect to the cloud.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have followed the process but after saying that connection to the cloud is successful it then says that connection between the interface and CBDS server has been lost. So effectively I can't get to the next screen to allow me to register. Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What device? What type of internet connection?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing happening between an iphone 6 and an iPad 1st gen. Internet is over wifi

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric,

Are you using Safari on each of those iDevices? Do you have the same results with a Windows PC or MAC on the same router?

Either way, please see what the results are after clicking [Options] > [Self Test] > [Advanced Network Test] within VCDS-Mobile if you continue to receive CBDS server errors.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a bit frustrated as it seems when I think I'm going down the right path things change. I just updated Vcds to the latest version. And now the normal password for vcds mobile (which I have never changed) is no longer valid so right now I cannot access VCDS mobile. But yes yesterday I tried using safari on the iphone and iPad and got the same results from my PC laptop off of the same router

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't see how updating VCDS could change the password in VCDS-Mobile.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya but just reporting back what I'm finding. Access and password for VCDS-Mobile was working fine the day prior on ipad, iphone and PC other than the issue of setting up the cloud account as noted above that I am still trying to work through.