How to create VCDS-Cloud account (IOS)

Gerard58

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268519
In order for the HEX-NET to connect to the internet, it needs to be in Infrastructure mode -- a client on some other network rather than creating its own network.

-Uwe-

Thanks, I'll try that.

One more question to further demonstrate my inexperience: I notice that the IP address that the hexnet gives itself (e.g. on iPhone screen when logging into VCDS Mobile) AND that which came with the Quick Startup instructions out of the box are the same - BUT the IP address that my home network assigned the hexnet is different. Is this normal and just the result of the hexnet having one IP address in Access mode (when it is broadcasting its own wifi) and a different IP address in Infrastructure mode (when its integrated into my home network)? (Note: When trying to use Safari to establish a VCDS Cloud account, I've been inputing the IP address that my home network assigned the hexnet and NOT the IP address the hexnet came with (e.g. on the quick startup instructions).

Your feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
When it is connected to your home network in infrastructure mode, the IP address is assigned by your router using DHCP. So this will be whatever IP address your router decides to put it at. In AP mode, the HEX-NET assigns itself a default IP address. If you open the app, it will scan for any HEX-NETs it can find and tell you their IP addresses. This is the IP address you need to enter in safari. It can change periodically if it is being assigned by your router.

Gerard58

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268519
Thanks. I've put hexnet in infrastructure mode, confirmed hexnet and my iphone are on same wifi network (my home network), confirmed the hexnet IP address with the VCDS Mobile App, and input this same IP address into Safari - but unfortunately, still, get the following error after Safari tries to connect with hexnet IP address for 30-40 seconds: "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

Any ideas? Are there alternative ways to establish a VCDS Mobile Cloud account so I can have full VCDS functionality using VCDS Mobile app on phone?

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Are you moving the HEX-NET to your car after you do the scan? In this case, the HEX-NET may be disconnecting from poor signal strength. What happens after you do the scan from the app, and you click on the HEX-NET? Can you open VCDS-Mobile like that?

Reactions: Uwe

Gerard58

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268519
I've tried it 2 different ways:

Method #1: start with hexnet connected to car (per Santos' prerequisites), in infrastructure mode on same Wi-Fi (home wifi) as iPhone (wifi strength 2 of 3 bars) with Safari trying to connect via IP address assigned to hexnet by home wifi. In this case ACDS Mobile App sees the hexnet and provides IP address which is then input into Safari. Safari ultimately gives message: "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

Method #2: hexnet connected/powered by laptop via USB cable, hexnet in INFRASTRUCTURE mode and on same wifi (home) as iPhone. Wifi signal 3 of 3 bars. ACDS Mobile App shows hexnet IP address which is then input into Safari. Safari DOES Connect to hexnet and launch ACDS Mobile - BUT I cannot get pass Step 3/4 where instructions are to select Engine module. (I assume this is because the hexnet is not actually attached to car OBD.)

After doing Method 2 above, I tried to connect to the hexnet through the VCDS Mobile App using "password" as the password - only to have the App tell me that "Login Incorrect".

Ideas? Is there another way to create VCDS Mobile Account?

Advice?

Last edited:

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
It sounds like the HEX-NET isn't getting good signal from inside your car. There are a couple of things to try: Move the car closer to your router, or your router closer to your car, or enable tethering on your iPhone and ignore the router all together, if your iPhone has data where your car is. However before trying that, with the HEX-NET in infrastructure mode, in your car, connected to your home network, and the phone the same, do a scan with the VCDS-Mobile app and try to open the HEX-NET and talk to a module in the car. If you can do that, the problem is not signal strength. If you can't, then it confirms that the problem is signal strength related.

Gerard58

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268519
OK. Think I already tried this exact scenario with car as close to home wifi router as possible getting 2-3 of 3 bars, hexnet and iphone on that network and could NOT connect with any module - still got the "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" message. But I will try again.

As an aside, how to I 'enable tethering on my iPhone' when it is getting strong wifi signal?

Thanks.

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
I am connected via infrastructure follow your steps , i see kline 1,2,3 init then i get a message timeout error. Where do i go from there to create cloud account?

Thx

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I am connected via infrastructure follow your steps , i see kline 1,2,3 init then i get a message timeout error. Where do i go from there to create cloud account?
What car? What module are you trying to connect to? Is the ignition on?

-Uwe-

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
12 VW Jetta spertswagen TDI , VCDS® with HEX-NET ,ignition on. It came on I got to set up screen . Thx

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can you connect to any module in the car?

-Uwe-

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
no , i can read codes only, also when trying to update with hex net confg (mac) int gets stuck in infrastructure mode and i get code 2 error in other mode.
Thx

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
In infrastructure mode, can you do a network test [Options] -> [Self Test] -> [Advanced Network Test]
It sounds like your HEX-NET may not be able to reach the internet the way it is currently configured.

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
Everything checks out
K1 ok
k2 ok
can ok
vcds cloud ok
config ok

port 11011 ok
connection fair
10 pings ok
thx

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Everything checks out
K1 ok
k2 ok
can ok
vcds cloud ok
config ok

port 11011 ok
connection fair
10 pings ok
thx
According to the server, you have a Cloud account, and your HEX-NET is up-to-date.

If you still have problems, please post some screen shots.

-Uwe-

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
All working . Thx for your help. Awesome got to do some coding now!!

Gary

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30906
Hi

Not sure if I have posted this in the correct section.
I am going to start using the Mobile app on my phone and android tablet.
I do I full scan which completes OK, but get a message saying that I will be prompted to download data (I believe this ASAM data) I clicked to download the data which seems to complete, but then the HexNet interface has a red LED flashing to the right of the USB connector and seems to be locked. I left it like this for a good 5 mins and the only button I can use is the back button. I click back and page error showing and for me to use the interface I need to disconnect and connect again.
Any suggestions. My unit is up to date using VCDS and USB config.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My unit is up to date using VCDS and USB config.
Have you tried updating it with VCIConfig after you did the Auto-Scan with VCDS-Mobile?

-Uwe-

Gary

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30906
Have you tried updating it with VCIConfig after you did the Auto-Scan with VCDS-Mobile?

-Uwe-

Yes I tried that, I tried several times, also cleared rods and even the option for cache. Autoscan again update found for asam data, seems to complete but the LED still flashing red and green and the screen is locked with only back button showing.

Back