How to create VCDS-Cloud account (IOS)

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Assuming you have successfully connected your HEX-NET Via infrastructure mode, the following instructions will walk you through the process of creating a cloud account.

NOTE: VCDS-Mobile App for IOS currently has an issue with our cloud registration page. You will need the App for the first step. All subsequent steps will use Safari.

The entire process should take less than 5 minutes.

Prerequisites:

HEX-NET plugged into car.
HEX-NET connected to network with internet
IOS Device- iPhone or iPad (android instructions will be available soon)
VCDS-Mobile App (not needed, but makes it easier)

Step 1. Open IOS App :

62uqv2p.jpg

The app will locate all HEX-NETs on the current network. Locate the IP number (highlighted in the picture above). Write this down. Then close out of the app.

Step 2. Open Safari.

Under the address bar, type in the IP number you wrote in the previous step. VCDS-Mobile login page will appear. The default password is: password.

xAIAwxk.jpg

Step 3. VCDS-Mobile Main Screen.

Press [Select].

VzHpn2U.jpg

Step 4. Select a module.

In this example, I click on Engine. You may select any module in this vehicle.

SHpOYGp.jpg

Step 5. Module Session.

VCDS-Mobile will connect to the module and display controller info.
Click on the Functions button.

e6UK4k7.jpg

Step 6. Cloud Functions.

Click on the Cloud Functions.

mOfhjXd.jpg

You will now be redirected to VCDS-Cloud Splash screen:

Click on the Register button to proceed.

vksFr3I.jpg

Step 7. Registration Username/Password.

You may now fill in the Username / Password fields. Make sure there are no spaces, and the passwords match. Then click on the register button. VCDS-Cloud will now redirect to the next page/step.

jUX3r7I.jpg

Step 8. Cloud Functions Accessed.

You now have access to Cloud Functions.

aplJBYs.jpg

FIN

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Note: You can use the App again after you've successfully created a cloud account. The only time you need to use a 'naked' browser is when you register for a cloud account.

-Uwe-

refueler

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248920
I'm still trying to learn vcds so when I want to access the cloud do I have to connect the Hex Net to my pc to get the Hex Net into infrastructure mode or is there another way to connect to the cloud.

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
I have followed the process but after saying that connection to the cloud is successful it then says that connection between the interface and CBDS server has been lost. So effectively I can't get to the next screen to allow me to register. Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What device? What type of internet connection?

-Uwe-

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
Same thing happening between an iphone 6 and an iPad 1st gen. Internet is over wifi

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Eric,

Are you using Safari on each of those iDevices? Do you have the same results with a Windows PC or MAC on the same router?

Either way, please see what the results are after clicking [Options] > [Self Test] > [Advanced Network Test] within VCDS-Mobile if you continue to receive CBDS server errors.

Reactions: Uwe

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
Just a bit frustrated as it seems when I think I'm going down the right path things change. I just updated Vcds to the latest version. And now the normal password for vcds mobile (which I have never changed) is no longer valid so right now I cannot access VCDS mobile. But yes yesterday I tried using safari on the iphone and iPad and got the same results from my PC laptop off of the same router

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't see how updating VCDS could change the password in VCDS-Mobile.

-Uwe-

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
I hear ya but just reporting back what I'm finding. Access and password for VCDS-Mobile was working fine the day prior on ipad, iphone and PC other than the issue of setting up the cloud account as noted above that I am still trying to work through.

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
Was back at it tonight with no luck. Tried to reset the VCDS-mobile password by pressing and holding the red button on the interface for at least 20 seconds and tried entering the default "password" and still got the login incorrect message. I tried this with both IOS devices as well as the direct IP through my PC's web browser. After trying all options I noticed that for whatever reason the "incorrect login" message is already present when opening up VCDS-mobile through the app or IP even before entering my first login attempt. Not sure if this helps but at this point I'm stuck.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
After trying all options I noticed that for whatever reason the "incorrect login" message is already present when opening up VCDS-mobile through the app or IP even before entering my first login attempt.

This sounds like the browser has a login session saved which is no longer valid, since you did a password reset. In principle you should just be able to enter the new password and check "remember me" and it will override the session. If you want to try to eliminate other sessions as a factor, though, you could try this:
From a fresh boot of the hex-net, open an "incognito" tab or equivalent in your browser and open vcds-mobile through that, entering the default password. Let us know how that goes.

--Shaun

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
Ok worked through the password issue.....I had a rogue safari window open on one of the devices.

Was able to get back in and it wants to do a firmware update
image.jpg1_zpsef9ifnpj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Then it begins updating and then loses communication when rebooting
image.jpg4_zpsdztkzk6y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
So I pass on working further on the update and run a self test:
image.jpg7_zpsc0ldq6so.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image.jpg8_zpsbt20fuja.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I then proceed once again with the procedure noted above and when I get to the engine module step it tries to update the ASAM data but says it's not found and continue anyways
image.jpg10_zps3h5qqpb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After continuing it says that I am connected to the cloud successfully
image.jpg11_zpsew6xwjwj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
But then hit a wall with the CBDS server error
image.jpg12_zpsk7oqiihf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
One thing I have noted is around the last few steps the hex-net controller light on the far left begins to blink red. Not sure what's going on there with those steps but thought it would be helpful to know.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was able to reproduce the CBDS error on an ipad mini. If you click the continue anyway button and immediatly go into cloud functions, it will trigger the error. Instead, click continue anyway, wait 10 seconds then click cloud functions.

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
Still running into the same problem. I tried the 10 second rule and tried variations both longer and shorter in duration but am still getting the same CBDS server error

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
Anything else I should be trying?

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
What module are you trying to do this with, 01 engine? If you are still getting stuck on trying to create a cloud account I would try to go in through a different module like 03 or maybe 56. The CBDS error is very likely specific to certain modules, so to work around that you can see if you can find a controller that's working. Have you posted an autoscan for this vehicle yet? If not, that would help us figure out why those controllers are having a problem.

Aquaphat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237720
thank you it took a few different attempts with different modules but I finally was able to register my cloud account. Thanks again for the help. The only lingering item for me now is to download the updated ASAM. Not sure how critical this is but it times out everytime. I will follow the other thread regarding this.

Gerard58

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268519
A newbie question regarding one of the prerequisites: what is the preferred way to have "hexnet connected to network to internet"? I ask as I'm having trouble getting to the VCDS Mobile screen in Safari. My iPhone sees the hexnet broadcasting its wifi signal. My iPhone is connected to my home network. The hexnet is in access mode and connected to my laptop which is also connected to my home network. However, when I input the hexnet ip address in safari, I eventually get message "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

What mode should hexnet be in: Access or Infrastructure? (The hexnet does not appear to broadcast wifi in Infrastructure.)
Does it need to be connected to laptop and how; NET or USB?

Sorry to ask all these newbie questions; initially it seemed straightforward but, after running into issues, I've watched too many videos and read too many posts to keep it straight.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
In order for the HEX-NET to connect to the internet, it needs to be in Infrastructure mode -- a client on some other network rather than creating its own network.

-Uwe-

Back