Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxnix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=212386
Thanks Uwe, someone posted somewhere that once the dealer has been into your car those fields are filled in? I am just happy I didn't erase anything I shouldn't have. I know I didn't change anything on that pane. Any thoughts on that security issue and do you think can I clear the steering code? Would this message about incorrect coding be from my deselecting the DSR?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
It looks like clicking in the IMG link under Links to share this photo from a page like this

http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/garnetlake/media/error.png.html?sort=3&o=8

results in a copy/paste-able link:

I used that screen shot example because the 3 digit code you are looking for typically shows (reserved) in VCDS. If a number is required you may try a single 0 -or- 00 but I wasn't able to locate any official documentation for this operation and we are not familiar with this particular tweak.

Moxnix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=212386
(Reserved)

It looks like clicking in the IMG link under Links to share this photo from a page like this

I used that screen shot example because the 3 digit code you are looking for typically shows (reserved) in VCDS. If a number is required you may try a single 0 -or- 00 but I wasn't able to locate any official documentation for this operation and we are not familiar with this particular tweak.

Hi Dana,
I believe Uwe fixed the images for me as Photobucket is not user friendly. They were up on the forum the last time I visited. I will try the single or or two digit entry you suggest and see what happens. Is there anything about my scans that looks sketchy? In particular the "incorrectly coded" message in my last scan? All I did was uncheck the option box in module 44. Would it be okay to clear the fault codes?
Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I believe Uwe fixed the images for me as Photobucket is not user friendly. They were up on the forum the last time I visited. I will try the single or or two digit entry you suggest and see what happens.
Yeah, and they're still there too, but it looks like I missed that one.

Would it be okay to clear the fault codes?
Unless you're immediately headed to the dealer and you want them to see 'em (and for 'em to be in the car's official record with the mothership, perhaps for warranty documentation purposes), it's almost always OK to clear fault codes. :D

-Uwe-

Moxnix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=212386
No Uwe, definitely not in a rush to get back to the dealer which failed to torque 2 of my 10 front lug bolts after my tire rotation and performed internal recall work for "parallel parking" problem when I described my steering issue pretty clearly at highway speeds. I just don't like reading the "fault" codes. Nice and tidy works for me. Unless something very drastic goes wrong I am taking over for the "mother ship" on this car which is why I went with the cable. The normal wrench work is not an issue for me. I didn't count all of the images you fixed for me but I thought they were all there which is my bad. Thanks again for your help those and I will delete those codes tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back