Thread: New Hex-Net Lost communication in AP and IM mode

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

New Hex-Net Lost communication in AP and IM mode

everytime i try to do a full Auto-Scan the scan times out and I loose connection. it starts with the issues in this order. during the process i get a VCDS: Interface Check, Failure to communicate (-1), Please use [Options] > [Test] for further details. When i redo the test everything check out ok. When i go back into Auto Scan and start the process, the log displays "Function not supported by the gateway." or the get the Failure to communicate error. I am using VCDS 14.10.2. My hex-net is 192.160.0.1 and my computer resolves to dchp 192.168.0.2. with a gateway of 192.168.0.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0

when this occured, it made it to Address 4F: Centr. Electr. II. were it seemed to get jammed up. I select done for that address and then on Address 52: Door Electr, Pass. "Connot be reached."

everything worked when i used the hex-net in usb mode
    Last edited by abishoff; 06-08-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How far is the HEX-NET from the computer?

How noisy is your WiFi environment?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    How far is the HEX-NET from the computer?

How noisy is your WiFi environment?

-Uwe-
    In AP mode I was 10ft away.

For IM
    I have a fairly busy wifi network but in runs on Verizons newest and best FIOS gateway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Does this always happen at 4F or is it random?

10' should be entirely fine, *if* it's on a different channel than all the other WiFi traffic.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

10' should be entirely fine, *if* it's on a different channel than all the other WiFi traffic.

-Uwe-
    im sure my wifi is fairly busy with thermostats, wifi cams, phones, computers etc. but i failed tonight again at address 47. there isnt much going on then. well no extra computers. just 2 thermostats, 2 phones and 1 dell venue pro. the autoscan failed on my s5 vcds mobile.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

-Uwe-
    what ghz range does this support? im not sure i understand what you mean by channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abishoff View Post
    what ghz range does this support? im not sure i understand what you mean by channel.
    The HEX-NET supports North American 2.4 GHz channels:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe this helps you (Uwe): I have a similar issue. When I do an autoscan with my iPhone, it seems to stop at address 47 (took about 10 mins from start to 47, then after 5 minutes of not going further, I cancelled the scan). Car is a Phaeton. As far as I remember, this happens always at address 47. When I first had that issue, I switched to a notebook (has the advantage that I can read manuals on it) ;-)

Best Regards, Jürgen

PS: wifi connection to vcds is fine of course.