Cant access cent con

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo

Reaction score
hi all
first post so hope i have put it in the right place
i bought my daughter a 2003 vw beetle and it cam with a vagcom cable, i loaded the software on to a laptop and it all works great,
now i have watched a few videos on you tube and wanted to have the windows work of the remote, i have started to mess around i have found i can not get in to central conv, well it does find the module when i click on 46 central conv under common, the module details come up and i can access certain parts but when i go to coding
it comes up with a screen with 4 boxes, the top box is greyed out the next box has 000256 and that refers to 2 doors 4 power windows, the 3rd box has 00066 and the 4th has nothing,
if i click DO IT it then goes back to the main screen and if i click coding i get the same 4 boxes again
any help please

dave

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What version of VCDS are you using?

-Uwe-

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Please post the Auto-Scan from this vehicle so we can see which VCDS version you are running in addition to details about the modules installed in this vehicle.

daveo

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Please post the Auto-Scan from this vehicle so we can see which VCDS version you are running in addition to details about the modules installed in this vehicle.

[Admin Edit]
Nope. Data from pirated copies of VCDS isn't welcome here
[/Admin Edit]

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

daveo

Reaction score
hi,
this is the only version that came with the car

daveo

Reaction score
how do you tell or how do i tell its a pirate copy, are you referring to the lead or software,

daveo

Reaction score
[Admin Edit]
Nope. Data from pirated copies of VCDS isn't welcome here
[/Admin Edit]

so what have i got, a fake lead or fake software

daveo

Reaction score
i did not buy it, when i bought my daughters beetle it was in the boot with a few other bits, the software is 12 12 0
thats all i know about it apart from it does work.
yes i have now seen the ones on ebay but they are blue and my one is black hex/can and ross tech name and web site on it

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What you have there is an illegally pirated "Clone" of our product. We take a pretty hard line on that.

-Uwe-

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Dave, If you buy a genuine VCDS System, either from us directly or any of our Authorized Distributors, make sure that old (and likely cracked) VCDS release and any driver packages are removed first. Get the current version here at that point: Current Release

Next, The KII-USB would be the most cost effective choice if that's the only VW/Audi you plan on scanning but the interface you have is a clone of our HEX-USB+CAN which would work on all VA/AUdi/Seat/Skoda vehicles.

Lastly, if you switch to a genuine system and want to become Verified an post in this forum just add the Long Serial Number to a thread and we can determine what's necessary to make that happen moving forward.

daveo

Reaction score
What you have there is an illegally pirated "Clone" of our product. We take a pretty hard line on that.

-Uwe-

Hi thanks for the update, as i said i never bought it and just presumed it was what it said, it is marked up as ross tech..
so how can you tell if you are buy an original, you cant go on the price and i have now seen ones on ebay that say they are original but used at half the cost price
you cant go on a serial number as they are copied as well..i would not use it to make a living so only for my own use so £300. pounds is a bit much.

thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As Dana started above, one way is to buy from us directly or from any of our Authorized Distributors, you can be sure you're getting the real thing.

If you're looking at a used one, you CAN check a serial number with us.

It stinks that the world is full of thieves and we do what we can about it, but there are limits to our abilities in that respect.

The system Dana recommended is about $249 (about 165£ at current exchange rates) (not including shipping and any taxes your government might want).

On that car, you could also use VCDS-Lite with one of those blue cables. A license for VCDS-Lite costs $99 (about 65£) and the blue cables are very inexpensive.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back