Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant access cent con

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did not buy it, when i bought my daughters beetle it was in the boot with a few other bits, the software is 12 12 0
    thats all i know about it apart from it does work.
    yes i have now seen the ones on ebay but they are blue and my one is black hex/can and ross tech name and web site on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What you have there is an illegally pirated "Clone" of our product. We take a pretty hard line on that.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, If you buy a genuine VCDS System, either from us directly or any of our Authorized Distributors, make sure that old (and likely cracked) VCDS release and any driver packages are removed first. Get the current version here at that point: Current Release

Next, The KII-USB would be the most cost effective choice if that's the only VW/Audi you plan on scanning but the interface you have is a clone of our HEX-USB+CAN which would work on all VA/AUdi/Seat/Skoda vehicles.

Lastly, if you switch to a genuine system and want to become Verified an post in this forum just add the Long Serial Number to a thread and we can determine what's necessary to make that happen moving forward.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    What you have there is an illegally pirated "Clone" of our product. We take a pretty hard line on that.

-Uwe-
    Hi thanks for the update, as i said i never bought it and just presumed it was what it said, it is marked up as ross tech..
    so how can you tell if you are buy an original, you cant go on the price and i have now seen ones on ebay that say they are original but used at half the cost price
    you cant go on a serial number as they are copied as well..i would not use it to make a living so only for my own use so 300. pounds is a bit much.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As Dana started above, one way is to buy from us directly or from any of our Authorized Distributors, you can be sure you're getting the real thing.

If you're looking at a used one, you CAN check a serial number with us.

It stinks that the world is full of thieves and we do what we can about it, but there are limits to our abilities in that respect.

The system Dana recommended is about $249 (about 165 at current exchange rates) (not including shipping and any taxes your government might want).

On that car, you could also use VCDS-Lite with one of those blue cables. A license for VCDS-Lite costs $99 (about 65) and the blue cables are very inexpensive.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Dana liked this post