Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HVAC IN HELL please save me from heat :-) 2010 B8

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey

I'll try to be as helpful as one can be in web forum.

You need to check LIN now. It's not possible that MVB shows correct value, but communication doesn't work. That just wont happen. First check voltage for sensor. Pin1 is GND, pin2 is LIN and pin 3 is 12v from fuse carrier 1 fuse holder c nr 12.

If that checks out check LIN wire. LIN goes, as stated, from pin2 to t16b/4(connector C) on J519. Lin color is either violet or Yellow/green.
    The J519 is on board supply control module located in: The on board power supply control unit -J519 (colored grey) is located in the driver's foot well, behind the dash panel cover at the bottom, to the left of the steering column.

But as fault codes indicate, J519 doesn't even have communication with garage door opener i would definitely think you have problem with LIN wire.
    Why i think this: Pin 4: LIN 2 (Charisma switch module -E592, air quality sensor -G238, refrigerant pressure and temperature sender -G395, garage door opener control unit -J530, front left seat ventilation control unit -J799, front right seat ventilation control unit -J800)

You can't test LIN wire info with multimeter, but you can still check wire continuity. I hope i spelled it right.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

2. Likes jyoung8607, B82010, Dana, Zenerdiode liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are more than Helpful man!

I actually traced the LIN wire last week ( exactly where you said)

The garage door opener is not working because It is Unplugged, the Connector clip on it was broken and I dont use the door opener so I just left it unplugged)

I did not know that a multimeter would not work on LIN, but when I used the multimeter on the 3pin connector itself, the ground was good, the 12v was good, and the LIN wire did read up to 10 on the DC setting of the multimeter.

Not sure if that helps at all?

I will gladly pay you for your time that you have/are taking to try and figure this out with me, I cant express my thanks enough.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you preform the TSB?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes B82010 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B82010 View Post
    I actually traced the LIN wire last week ( exactly where you said)

The garage door opener is not working because It is Unplugged, the Connector clip on it was broken and I dont use the door opener so I just left it unplugged)
    Please elaborate.

I don't have the wiring diagram for your car, but if there's one contiguous LIN bus wire between J519 and all those components as golfi_vend's post implies, then wiring damage in this area could definitely affect downstream components.

Jason

7. Likes B82010 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack-
    The TSB just says the replace g395, and check LIN for Damage. I replaced the Pressure Sensor, and the LIN wire I checked with the Multimeter, but dont know how to check it otherwise unfortunately :-/

Jason-
    The Garage door opener controller sits behind the grill, it has a 4 wire Plug that clips into it, the connector broke, and I unplugged it (since I dont use it I thought it would not matter)

I am open to ANY suggestions , and again REALLY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL OF YOU GUYS HELP!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Digital FSM does not show me wiring diagrams, so I am not sure if the garage door opener is a LIN connection with the G395 perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use multimeter, meaning voltmeter on LIN bus, but that won't help you a lot, because LIN is just digital signal. Meaning the voltage is either 12V or 0V, reason why multimeter shows only 10 is just that its the average volatage and multimeter is so slow device it wont react to fast changes. You would need oscilloscope.
    http://www.intrepidcs.com/wavebps_de...lin_decode.png

You can have one module disconnected, like in can, but as with can both wires have to be disconnected. As with LIN just disconnect module. But recommended is to code it out from module.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

11. Likes B82010, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am learning more from you and your guidance here than I did in Days trying to figure out the FSM.

So it is, or is not possible, that having the Garage door opener unplugged could be causing a communication error from the G395 pressure sensor to J519?

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have a (English) label file for that 08-Auto HVAC unit but the mentioned control module maps, either via email or pasted here in [CODE] wraps, would be helpful. That Error isn't normal in group 001 but the LIN problem would explain it:
    001,4,Kältemitteldruck,(G395),Wertebereich: 0.0...33.0 bar

Similar info may be found in 056 as well:
    056,0,Kältemittel
    056,1,Kältemitteldruck,(G395),Wertebereich: 0.0...33.0 bar
    056,2,Kältemittelsignal,,0 = Übermittelte Kältemitteltemperatur/-druck ist aktuell\n1 = Übermittelte Kältemitteltemperatur/-druck ist veraltet

I agree with what the guys have said so far. The cause of the LIN communication problem won't be diagnosed with VCDS directly and this may require unplugging every single LIN component wired to/from J519 (09-Cent. Elect. AKA BCM1) to rule out the faulty one versus a wiring problem. On that note however you may want to use VCDS to check MVB 023 in the J519/09-Cent. Elect. controller to make sure the values are consistent while testing:
    023,0,Geber für Kältemitteldruck und -temperatur (G395)
    023,1,Kältemitteldruck,,Wertebereich: 0.0...33.0 bar\nSignaltyp: Eingang/LIN
    023,2,Kältemittel-,temperatur,Wertebereich: -40.0...+130.0 °C\nSignaltyp: Eingang/LIN
    023,3,Hardware/Software,Version (G395)
    023,4,Status (G395),,Bit 0 = Druck Error\nBit 1 = Temperatur Error\nBit 2 = Checksum Error\nBit 3 = Bit Error\n\nSignaltyp: Eingang/LIN

If you post control module maps here please create a set from 09 as well.

REDIRECT,8Tx-820-043-3Z.CLB,8T1-820-043-AQ ; LHD 3 ZONES

14. Likes Andy, B82010 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This diagram looks like it shows that the G395 LIN cable shares its connection with the G238 Air quality sensor.

So if the LIN cable was the issue, wouldn't there be a code saying the Air quality Sensor had No/Implausible signal?

[IMG][/IMG]