Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: HVAC IN HELL please save me from heat :-) 2010 B8

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B82010 View Post
    Now another bullshit thing, they charged me for 4.5 hours of labor! on something I changed in 3 minutes each time in my damn driveway , when I asked why so much they said and I quote" we charge by the book, it calls for 2 hours to change the sensor, 1.5 hours to charge the gas, and 1 hour to clear all codes"
    BTDT.

Several decades ago, when they were both still in college, my sister's then boyfriend bought a used Mk.2 GTI. I went with him to do a pre-purchase inspection. It was all OK except for a noisy rear wheel bearing, which I pointed out to him, and told him he needed to fix. Of course he didn't. Some months later, it failed, rather catastrophically, leaving him and my sister stuck in rural NY State and the car towed to a dealer. Dealer's estimate included 6+ hours of labor to fix it. We declined. Sourced all the parts and drove up. It started snowing as we were on our way up there. We got there and fixed the car in an hour and a half. In the parking lot. In a snowstorm.

When it was fixed, I went in and asked them: "Hey, if a couple of complete amateurs like us could fix this car in an hour and a half, outside, in a snowstorm, how can you guys with your lifts and all your fancy tools justify 6+ hours?"

"We charge by the book. The book pays 1.x hours for the wheel bearing, 1.x hours for the rotor, 1.x hours for the caliper, 1.x hours for [I forget what part]...".
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes Dana, B82010, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aside of the ridiculous padded labor times, which aren't paid no where near under warranty to internal techs........ Seems to me that Audi vicariously, as a conduit of their approved franchised dealer, is on the hook for that entire bill, +........loss.

The dealer provided the incorrect part....... considering there are " specific " notes that require the dealer ask questions for which " specific " sensor is being installed,.......makes it their responsibility to ask!
    I'd allege, that trying to buy such a part on the AFT....... shows they convolute the process of getting a correct part, even at the dealer level.
    Hell......who knows if this was done to bate you into bringing the car in to spend more money in service.........maybe knowing full well the sensor wouldn't function.
    Maybe it's by design intentional? Unsolved conspiracy files.........

We know they charged a lot of money to screw in a part that takes all of 30 seconds, minus the spit on the o-ring.

I'd show my receipt to Audi requesting compensation for down time from point of wrong sensor bought, or even file a notice of claim action if they failed to act on it.

I don't think a judge would be very happy with Audi, or their franchise if they didn't step up,......... considering this entire documented path showing the date/time stamps in this thread to substantiate it.

Save your receipts .......and do it all via certified mail return receipt.

Another FOD!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-03-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes NZDubNurd, B82010 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really does disgust me, like you said JACK, if THEY would have told me the correct part number 2 months ago I would have saved over 600$, and all of you guys and my time, and disgusting heat.

On a GREAT note, I ended up with my Ross-Tech cable and met all of you and learned an invaluable amount of things about the car.

I just did a lot of coding today and LOVE it, all thanks to the VCDS you guys have made SO easy and user friendly.

The local "audi" tuner charges 85$ for EACH coding, I did the following in less than 30 minutes, so the cable more than paid for itself multiple times over.

1- Enabled Audi Drive select through 3gmmi (obviously no damper control, but steering and throttle response are apparent)
    2-Enabled Gauge Sweep at startup
    3- Enabled Auxiliary heating/Venting
    4- Eanbled window/Sunroof open close with remote
    5- Enabled Fog light to blink with turn signal
    6-Enabled Hill Assist lite
    7- Removed Nav/Tel warning while driving

6. Likes jyoung8607, Jack@European_Parts, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last thing Ill bug you guys with on this post, is it possible for the user/me to update the 3gmmi/nav maps? Mine does not use the Nav disc, it is stored on the internal hard drive, audi wanted almost 400$ to update just the maps.

there IS an option in the mmi screen that says "customer update" but it doesn't do anything when clicked on

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully someone can correct me but I don't think Navteq handles Audi updates at this time and those updates, when available, would be performed on the dealer level.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are possibilitys, but as that categorizes as dark magic and property and intelect of VAG i wont talk about it.

Btw, if the heat bothers, would you mailing it via DHL or FedEx to northern part of Europe We here have had only few totally sunny days.

10. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

00457 - Control Module for Network (J519): No Signal/Communication

Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Prepare to verify!

OKAY then..............Your aforementioned WD POST #30 ...........didn't look ok when I looked at mine based on scan.

Just which climatronic do you have?

Do you have a G238 in the intake air area of blower motor?
    Air Quality Sensor -G238-
    Air Quality Sensor -G238- is installed only on vehicles with a Comfort version A/C system
    You were speculating here..........on LIN.

G395 is in front of car on condenser.
    Are you sure the ground wire is capable of carrying the needed current since 4.0MM .........and not just a tone of the meter continuity tester? ( Current track 59 Junction 368/639 ok? (* T3t1 ) ( PIN 1 )

LIN BUS WIRE Current track 58 from sensor to J519 ( PIN4 ) (*T16b/4) to Junction ( B549 ) PIN 2 (*T3t2 ) G395

Have you observed the work around for this track? From wire being violet to Yellow/green?

( PIN 3) ( *T3t/3 ) Current track 60 to STARGATE 60 to ST FUSE Panel 1 and SC12 FUSE 12a on fuse panel C fuse 12

That would be on a 2010 drivers side left hand drive ST1 panel furthest left of the three.

G639 is in kick plate driver side if you wanna inspect it the other is buried in harness.

What's the poop on the G107???????

There are different versions of the Sunlight Photo Sensor -G107-, therefore make sure the allocation is correct, refer to the Parts Catalog. If a Sunlight Photo Sensor -G107- is installed that is not designated for that vehicle (there is a different signal than the one designated in this Climatronic Control Module -J255- A/C display and control head), the Climatronic Control Module -J255- A/C display and control head cannot evaluate the signal from the Sunlight Photo Sensor -G107- and the A/C system is not regulated correctly.

Looks like we have fault with a short to ground...........

And then..............So what exact part # did you install for G395 ........hopefully not its look alike G65 with incorrect WAVE

The cooling output cannot be checked when the A/C Pressure/Temperature Sensor -G395- is removed. The Climatronic Control Module -J255- display and control head does not switch on the A/C compressor.
    The refrigerant circuit remains closed, connection with valve.
    Only the A/C Pressure/Temperature Sensor -G395- may be installed on this vehicle (the data exchange occurs via the LIN Bus), refer to the Parts Catalog.
    A High Pressure Sensor -G65- cannot be installed on this vehicle (it only delivers square-wave signals), refer to Parts Catalog.
    Hi

I know this tread is old but i have like the same issue but my car is audi s5 2008 , has gas ,new sensor with update number , power and ground. The only thing i confuse is i trace all wires like the WD said with good connection but wire #2 from in g395 is supose to go on t4 16b there is no wire , after find this i stripe both plugs T16 and 17 i found the lilac wire on t9 17 with continuity from the sensor g395 . This car came with good a/c running . And now is not working . the lilac cable pin dosnt look the same as the others behind .

Any one has picture of this plug ?

Thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B82010 View Post
    SSSSSUUUUUCCCCSSSSEEESSSS ! A 2 hour trip to the dealer and 620$ later..... COLD AIR AT LAST !

Turned out to be G395 itself!

Now here is the BULLSHIT/Kicker.....

It was simply a new PN for G395. HOWEVER if you guys recall we bought THREE new G395's (1 from the Dover VW/Audi directly, 1 from Ebay, and 1 from the local Import parts store)

They ALL gave us the outdated g395! PN 4H0959126 , turns out it SHOULD have been PN 4H0959126-A
    <snip>
    I know this post is REALLLYYY old, but I'd like to add, that I had virtually the same thing happen to me, as a warning to others.

Bought what was advertised as a 4H0959126A (new from a motor factor) for my 2011 B8 S5 Cab (8F7). When it arrived it was labelled as a 4H0959126 (not A), but I thought that would be fine as the original from new part on the car was also a 4H0959126 (not A). After replacing it, same problem. So I ran a new temporary LIN wire from T16b pin 4 on the J519 (using repair wire 000979009E), still same problem. Eventually, after much sweating and swearing, went to local Audi garage and bought a 4H0959126B from them (which he said had replaced the 4H0959126A), fitted it and it worked first time.

I would never have tried that, had this thread not existed, so you've saved me audi labour rates. Thank you!

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unsolved Conspiracy files..............!

It was FOD again........

That's why JPPSG rule section 3 part 2

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...uot-JPPSG-quot
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I surely believe her, but the "A" PN is no longer available (at this time), here is a link for the sensor ("switch") , scroll down for revision PN's etc.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ch/4h0959126b/
    And really, who knows what they told her/did. ????

Here is another Audi Dealer with a excellent web-site: this site doesn't even offer it at all!
    https://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/pr...4H0959126.html

Glad the post above this verifies that "B" should work (if it indeed is the G395 sensor problem) . Use OEM Audi for sure - in this case!
    Last edited by stefdds; 10-17-2018 at 04:33 PM.