Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HVAC IN HELL please save me from heat :-) 2010 B8

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, the only fuses we removed are for the headlight range control(there is a full post on audiworld to do that for peoples cars that are slammed that get the dashboard error about range/distance control) so I assumed that was fine, since multiple members said it worked for them, and none mentioned AC issues ,

the garage door/homelink fuse is still plugged in

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    BBBBUUUTTTT then again like I said, the garage door unit behind the grill has a 4 pin connector, yet there are only THREE wires going to it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B82010 View Post
    the garage door/homelink fuse is still plugged in
    Pull it for the time being, just in case there's an internal short hidden in that messed-up garage door connector.

BBBBUUUTTTT then again like I said, the garage door unit behind the grill has a 4 pin connector, yet there are only THREE wires going to it....
    Not terribly unusual. It's probably just got power, ground and LIN. With some exceptions (injectors, coilpacks where it's impractical) VW/Audi try to make most connectors in any given area of the car unique, so there's no possibility of plugging things in wrong during assembly. There's only so many ways to engineer a 3-pin connector, so the designers probably specified a 4-pin connector they already have available.

Jason

4. Likes B82010 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check all ........maybe you can beat the appointment.......
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assumed that might be the case, just worried me because on the inside of the homelink unit itself, there are 4 metal contacts/prongs protruding from it that go into the 4 prong connector that only has 3 wires (the yellow plastic plug on the back of the connector however did look like it was solid, unlike the others that had the holes that the wires went through, so perhaps it is just a dummy 4th port)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it does in fact share a Line somehow with air quality and g395 (like you both mentioned, I just was trying to visualize it, not that this helps much, because I still do not know if the G395s LIN wires goes directly from the pressure sensor to J519 or if it splits off somewhere) in which case me doing the overlay wire was pointless as far as LIN is concerned or no?

When I physically traced the two purple wires, the door opener wire and press sensor ran parallel with each other right till they disappeared into the dash, it did not seem like they connected anywhere, same with the air quality sensor, I traced its wire which ran along under the windshield over till it disappeared at the same spot as the others.

[IMG][/IMG]

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    lastly when just looking at all the fuses(again I avidly admit i am no expert here so maybe this is normal) but the 5amp AC fuse that goes in right above those other 4 fuses(Ipulled it out to take this pic once I saw) does NOT have its Left side metal contact in the fuse holder. Like on the other active fuse spot, they have two metal contacts which complete the circuit once fuse is inserted, so WHY IN THE HECK does that spot only have ONE metal bridge point/fuse contact?

BTW that is the fuse holder that is on the side of the dash board on the passenger side, the black fuse box, AC Fuse 9, it is right above the gateway fuse. (fuse is removed in pic to show that only ONE contact is in there.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    So it does in fact share a Line somehow with air quality and g395 (like you both mentioned, I just was trying to visualize it, not that this helps much, because I still do not know if the G395s LIN wires goes directly from the pressure sensor to J519 or if it splits off somewhere)
    There's a wire-weld junction somewhere along the harness at the points designated by the solid dots on that line designated B549. The WD doesn't do a good job of telling you exactly where it is, but it does tell you conceptually it's between point A and point B somewhere. Jef talks about it in those WD training videos I linked earlier.

Jason

10. Likes B82010 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lastly when just looking at all the fuses(again I avidly admit i am no expert here so maybe this is normal) but the 5amp AC fuse that goes in right above those other 4 fuses(Ipulled it out to take this pic once I saw) does NOT have its Left side metal contact in the fuse holder. Like on the other active fuse spot, they have two metal contacts which complete the circuit once fuse is inserted, so WHY IN THE HECK does that spot only have ONE metal bridge point/fuse contact?

BTW that is the fuse holder that is on the side of the dash board on the passenger side, the black fuse box, AC Fuse 9, it is right above the gateway fuse. (fuse is removed in pic to show that only ONE contact is in there.
    VW/Audi are incredibly good at not spending money on wiring and terminal for options that car didn't come with. The populated side is most likely the supply side, and may in fact be one solid piece of copper for a string of several fuses supplied by the same upstream fuse/relay. The un-populated slots don't do anything on your car, so the consumer side isn't wired up.

Do you have information that says fuse #9 in that box is supposed to do something useful on your car, other than someone put a fuse there at some point?

Jason

12. Likes B82010, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes fuse 9 Says Air conditioning....

And the 4 fuses below it all have the metal bridge contacts on both sides, where as that #9 AC fuse only has the right side contact

Side note that pulling that fuse out and running a scan on 08/09 controllers did not put any new fault up. But it clearly says that is an air conditioning fuse(and had a fuse in its place before I took it out for picture of empty terminal)