Thread: Mk5 Jetta Secret Key Code retrieval

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Mk5 Jetta Secret Key Code retrieval

Does anyone know what tools can retrieve the SKC from a 2007 Jetta? Will the vag Tacho work?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dealer tool only is what we believe. Have not heard of a tool that can retrieve the SKC from MKV Jetta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm reasonably confident there are tools that can do it, but we don't much keep track of which ones work on which cars.

The thing is, a 2007 Jetta is Immo 4c and I don't think you can do much with it even if you have the PIN.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm reasonably confident there are tools that can do it, but we don't much keep track of which ones work on which cars.

The thing is, a 2007 Jetta is Immo 4c and I don't think you can do much with it even if you have the PIN.

-Uwe-
    Oh... so there is not a way to program a key to the mk5 Jettas with VCDS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelerKB View Post
    That's too generic a statement. Early Mk.5 cars (roughly through model year 2006) used Immo 4a, which from the standpoint of programming keys, works just like Immo 3, meaning it's possible with VCDS if you have the requisite PIN code for that car. Later Mk.5 cars used Immo 4c and cannot be done with VCDS. The two can be distinguished by their "Immo ID" (which may show up as the immobilizer module's serial number).

As a general rule, VW models using Immo 4A (with Adaptation) may have Serial Numbers that contain VWZ (for Example VWZ7Z0G7051888). VW models using VWX (for Example VWX7Z0G7051888) "or ones without a Serial Number shown at all, do not use Adaptation and will have the revolving "Challenge" Value in Advanced ID. Those systems using a Challenge Value are not considered supported at this time.
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...r_Generation_4
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes WheelerKB liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Probably not.

Please have a read of this page in the Ross-Tech Wiki: Immobilizer

Under Immo IV, we explain:

As a general rule, VW models using Immo 4A (with Adaptation) may have Serial Numbers that contain VWZ (for Example VWZ7Z0G7051888). VW models using VWX (for Example VWX7Z0G7051888) "or ones without a Serial Number shown at all, do not use Adaptation and will have the revolving "Challenge" Value in Advanced ID. Those systems using a Challenge Value are not considered supported at this time. This means with challenge systems, VCDS cannot perform ANY of the procedures listed below:

8. Likes WheelerKB liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have read that page a while back ago, and have completely forgot about it. Thank you for the reminder. Though reading the MK5 section was a little unclear for me...

If it is a VWZ or VWX, it is possible to program the key if I have the skc, correct?

Uwe, that clears it up a bunch for me. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If it's VWZ, it's possible to program a key with VCDS -- *if* you have the PIN/SKC code.

If it's VWX, it's NOT possible to program a key with VCDS.

-Uwe-

11. Likes WheelerKB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelerKB View Post
    No it can not ,
    I can confirm this ,
    Also if you buy immobilizer tool to get Pin (SKC) all those tools will have function to program keys and VCDS will not be necessary.
    You asked above and I can assure you that Vag Tacho can not do 2007-2009 Jetta, Golf , SKC or keys.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Dealer tool only is what we believe. Have not heard of a tool that can retrieve the SKC from MKV Jetta.
    Bruce do not be 100% sure in this .There is many tools out there that can do this besides Dealer but they cost a lot, Ask me how I know
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

14. Likes Uwe liked this post