Audi A3 8V Hold assist enabling

luispaulogomes

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148037
I just tried all of these codes in my 2016 A3 and had the exact same result as rajeevx5 - all but those 2 were accepted, none were the right code for AUTO HOLD adaptation. Tried them all with engine on, again with engine off.

How do we figure this out??

Hello, I did the same, with the same car/year. I´m also trying to activate the Auto Hold function. If you already did this, please post, thanks!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hello, I did the same, with the same car/year. I´m also trying to activate the Auto Hold function. If you already did this, please post, thanks!

Luis: hi. I assume that at least one of your problems (other than the question as to whether the firmware in the control module recognises Auto-hold) is finding the appropriate SA for the adaptation channels . Since first posting the SA list in my earlier reply (which came from Zlybob), I have learned much about the SA discovery. It's a fascinating, albeit extremely long process - but with the correct tools (and a good battery charger) it can be very successful. Alas it's not possible to use a VCDS cable for this process - do you have, or do you know of anyone close-by that has the "other cable"? If so, you might consider undertaking the SA discovery process on the vehicle and for the control module in question (I'm more than happy to do it for you if you are prepared to bring the vehicle down here)!

Don
PS: Of course we would all welcome news of any new SA numbers that you might find!

Reactions: Uwe

Xpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163029
It seems we have 2 threads on the same thing.
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4786-Audi-A3-8V-Auto-hold-(ABS-module)-Anyone-figure-this-out-yet

I eventually gave up - to activate auto hold isn't in the adaptation channels....
It's in the coding of the module, I have scanned multiple cars with autohold enabled from the factory and neither had the adaptation channels turned on.

Unfortunately as I don't have EPB I can't code for autohold - it seems you cannot program this without the EPB.

Back