02 A4 New ABS pump installed and coded..Procedure for bleeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruiz2710

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=64318
Ive installed a new ABS pump and have coded it. What is the procedure for bleeding the brakes..if im correct I have to cycle the ABS pump and bleed in a certain order. Can anyone help me with cycling the pump to make sure I don't have any air and what order do I bleed the brakes? thanks

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
I would just bleed the brakes as per normal using either a pressure or suction bleeder (far easier than messing around with 2 people pressing the pedal while opening and closing bleed nipples). Start with the caliper furthest from the ABS unit then the next nearest one and so on until all 4 are done.

If after doing this you believe there is still air trapped in the ABS unit you can switch the pump on for 10 seconds using the procedure at the link below. Obviously you will need at least one of the bleed nipples open if you want any trapped air to be pushed down one of the lines and out through the nipple.

ruiz2710

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=64318
HELP..cannot activate ABS pump for bleeding

Trying to activate ABS pump for brake bleeding due to replacing pump and I coded it and I went into basic functions and in the drop down selected Brake system bleeding and I get ERROR group 002 not available. The only thing that shows available is group 003 ACTIVATE ESP/function test but it shows system test and it isn't doing anything. Please help I need to bleed this ABS pump..what do I do?

ruiz2710

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=64318
the type of car was in the Title its an 02 a4 1.8t....I cant get the ABS pump to cycle

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Does it cycle when applying power directly to the pump isolated?

ruiz2710

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=64318
when using the procedure on ross tech website...for group 001 and 002..i get and ERROR group 001 not available and the same for group 002...im totally confused

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Nope ........that is not what I am asking.
Does the ABS pump function when applying power and ground as per the WD in the repair manual?

Please post a complete auto-scan and comply with the rules....... so we can see what else is going on.

oh look...... a helpful link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCBt6d42-Fc

roth

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242642
Ive installed a new ABS pump and have coded it. What is the procedure for bleeding the brakes..if im correct I have to cycle the ABS pump and bleed in a certain order. Can anyone help me with cycling the pump to make sure I don't have any air and what order do I bleed the brakes? thanks

ESP ?

Then:

2002 Audi A4 Quattro Sedan (8E2) L4-1.8L Turbo (AMB)

Brake Bleeding: Service and Repair

Bleeding, Vehicles With Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP)
Bleeding sequence for vehicles with Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP)
Unlike ESP 5.3, ESP 5.7 does not incorporate hydraulic pump -V156-. Therefore it is not necessary to bleed the system with the diagnostic tester.

Important:
A pressure of at least 2 bar is required for bleeding the ESP hydraulic unit. Therefore always check the pressure setting on the bleeding device.
Only use the brake pedal depressor when installing brake system components, and bleed the system afterward.

BR, Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back