Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Audi A8 Energy Management problems?? Please help

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Test things using the repair manual for specs and locations + WD with VCDS.......... not just change parts.

www.Erwin.audi.com
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Test things using the repair manual for specs and locations + WD with VCDS.......... not just change parts.

www.Erwin.audi.com
    I'm sorry what's wd in VCDS? Does it mean wire diagram?
    Last edited by BostonSlaya; 06-07-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup WD = Wire Diagrams in repair manual.

Also what do you meen by battery from fast recharges kaput? What is part is kaput? Thanks
    The incorrect battery and charging format for BDM.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-07-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I believe this:

explains you're getting a "Request Out of Range" error. How about a picture of the BEM code sticker from your replacement battery and one of exactly what you're typing into the Battery Coding Assistant?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I believe this:

explains you're getting a "Request Out of Range" error. How about a picture of the BEM code sticker from your replacement battery and one of exactly what you're typing into the Battery Coding Assistant?

-Uwe-
    I cannot seam to find the sticker for some reason. I can tell you I put it in correctly. I even called VCDS tech support and they walked me threw it and they said there not sure why it's not accepting it. They also said even though it says rejected its saving the changes so I should be fine. Come to find out I'm not. I even changed the last number in the serial as I seen on forums and no luck same error. I also put in other BEM and serial numbers from forums that was also a verta battery. I wish I still had the sticker to show you. I'll keep looking.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe this:

-Uwe-
    Ok I have an update! So for battery coding I finally figured it out. Battery code is rejected every time I have the key turned all the way to the right. The battery codes every time correctly if all you do is put the key in and not turn it.
    2nd thing is I found out after setting my alarm I go check on it about 1/2 hour later giving it more than enough time to go to sleep. I noticed that my hazard button is still lite up, the shifter letters are lite up, the two small leds on the rear view mirror are lite up and the overhead cluster LEDs are all lite up(dome light) area. Now the main lights are not on just the buttons where the writing are.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Does this mean the car isn't going to sleep? Or could this be the reason my battery is getting drained all the time? I'm trying to take care of this. Thanks

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSlaya View Post
    Ok I have an update! So for battery coding I finally figured it out. Battery code is rejected every time I have the key turned all the way to the right. The battery codes every time correctly if all you do is put the key in and not turn it.
    I'm trying to recall what a 2004 A8 ignition lock is like. But this is certainly something we should make a note of of other A8 owners.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSlaya View Post
    2nd thing is I found out after setting my alarm I go check on it about 1/2 hour later giving it more than enough time to go to sleep. I noticed that my hazard button is still lite up, the shifter letters are lite up, the two small leds on the rear view mirror are lite up and the overhead cluster LEDs are all lite up(dome light) area. Now the main lights are not on just the buttons where the writing are.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Does this mean the car isn't going to sleep? Or could this be the reason my battery is getting drained all the time?
    Yep, sure does sound like something has insomnia. The question is what and why.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

10. Likes victor35ma liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to recall what a 2004 A8 ignition lock is like. But this is certainly something we should make a note of of other A8 owners.

Yep, sure does sound like something has insomnia. The question is what and why.

-Uwe-
    Well I ordered a cd changer to update my Mmi but it can defective. So I purchased another one and will be here soon. I'll update my MMI and see if anything changes. I don't know if this is going to work but I have my car locked and alarm set I'll wait about 45 mins and do a autoscan to see what modules its reading. Maybe this will tell me what's not falling asleep? I have VCDS on and going out my drivers window so the door stays shut. Think this would help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Terminal 15 relay energized or failure to release so that ecu can go night nights.

Maybe relay3 J329 but could in fact have a back feed I have seen from a bad Kessy taking on water.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Terminal 15 relay energized or failure to release so that ecu can go night nights.

Maybe relay3 J329 but could in fact have a back feed I have seen from a bad Kessy taking on water.
    Terminal 15? What's this and why the speculation?
    Ok so do you recommend replacing the relay3? J329 module should be replaced? What steps do you think I should take? Also do you think updating my Mmi would help these problems? I'm still on 0.0.6 I think that's the software from when the car was manufactured. I will be updating to 3360 then to 4260 I think is the new one.
    I have to say Jack your very informative and know what your doing thanks so much for the help