2013 Jetta Locking Confirmation (Remote Control) Type of Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrelly

Reaction score
I am looking through your documentation and before I purchase, I'd like to know how to perform this function on the 2013 Jetta S. Here is what I am looking for on the Golf instructions but I am looking for the instructions to do it for a 2013 Jetta S. Any explicit instructions so when I buy it I can just do it? It's the main purchase reason as it's very loud in my neighborhood.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/inde...ort_System#Channel_013:_Alarm_Horn_Adjustment

Channel 010: Locking Confirmation (Remote Control)

Type of Confirmation when locking the Car via Remote Control.

0 = Confirmation OFF
1 = Confirmation via Blinker/Turn Signal
2 = Confirmation via Beep/Horn
3 = Confirmation via Beep/Horn & Blinker/Turn Signal

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Your 2013 will be an Mk.6 and won't have a separate Comfort Module like the Mk.5 stuff you're looking at above. On the Mk.6 that functionality was all integrated into the BCM at address 09. I'm confident that locking confirmation can be made silent because it's actually illegal to do it audibly in some markets, but I can't tell you exactly how to do it without knowing exactly which BCM is installed in your car, i.e. without seeing a scan.

-Uwe-

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Although we would need to see a scan from this exact car .. this scan should be pretty close for reference:

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?1090-MK6-2014-Jetta-TDI&p=8543&viewfull=1#post8543

That vehicle should use a Polo based BCM and this Tweaks page applies: VW Jetta (16/AJ) Tweaks

You should be able to enable/disable "Acoustical Locking Confirmation (Horn) active" in the Long Coding Helper in addition to Adaptation channel 009 labeled "Central Locking: Audible Unlocking Confirmation" within VCDS.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back