WiFi hotspot via Audi Connect

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On the one hand, I wish that was working for you, but on the other hand.. If you think about it, hotspots built into cars make little sense; a car should last 10 years or more (even if the original owner doesn't keep it that long). What did we have for cellular tech 10 years ago? What will we have 10 years from now? Quite a few people with GM's OnStar systems were left with nothing when they AMPS service that the original versions of those systems used was taken off-line.

-Uwe-

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
I concur.

The hotspot in theory is great for colleagues and customers.
Until you drive 10km and the connection goes 2G - aka dial up.

Hopefully the Audi modular MMI will make it more plausible in the future.

But we have a baseline for now.

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
On the one hand, I wish that was working for you, but on the other hand.. If you think about it, hotspots built into cars make little sense; a car should last 10 years or more (even if the original owner doesn't keep it that long). What did we have for cellular tech 10 years ago? What will we have 10 years from now? Quite a few people with GM's OnStar systems were left with nothing when they AMPS service that the original versions of those systems used was taken off-line.

-Uwe-

I just read an article about this today: http://www.zdnet.com/the-dashboard-is-due-for-disruption-7000027071/#ftag=RSS14dc6a9

Back