Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to read wiring diagrams - the videos (final version)

Post Thanks / Like
    no wonder today's youth is so stupid. they rely on google wikipedia and urban dictionary.

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^Michel: with respect - I can't agree.

I never cease to be amazed by today's youth - of course it's a gross exaggeration to generalize, but the youth that I speak-to tend to think differently to my generation and invariably their thought processes are far more efficient and much more incisive (IMO).

I guess it's because the value and the quantum of information has changed dramatically over the years and because the mechanisms to access data has exploded exponentially!!

I think it's called "evolution".

Don

PS: However, I do agree that youth is wasted on the young - but this was also true when I was young (soooooo many years ago, now)
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

Post Thanks / Like
    on that I can agree!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    no wonder today's youth is so stupid. they rely on google wikipedia and urban dictionary.
    Maybe not stupid but careless - go to any subject on wikipedia that you have personal knowledge of and spot the glaring errors which when you correct them invariably get put wrong again!

Wikipedia is NOT reliable is the bottom line, you have to cross reference it against other sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    small life pro tip, wikipedia itself isn't great but in the natural sciences and history it's not too bad. but if you want to go in-depth, check out the citations at the bottom section on wikipedia. that usually refers to good and elaborative sources.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post