Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrofitted Golf Mk7 mfsw to a 2009 Mk6 Golf

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ..... But Spacewalker's comments aren't good (he is a very knowledgeable person in this forum). .....!
    We been fight with over a year ago
    You have to look 1K8 - from New Scirocco or 2015 SEL Jetta ( old platform)

This is same is with Skoda FL (5E MFSW)
    5E MFSW is for 5E Octavia III (MQB)
    but
    5E STYLE (look exactly this same , but differnet p/n) was made for Yeti and SuperB still PQ35 (old BCM, RNS 510 radio, 7N0 gateway 5K0 SWCM etc)

There is one guy - Bronken , who made converter signal for MQB steering wheel to be understand via older module.
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

2. Likes Dana, Uwe, DV52 liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    This week-end we managed to make the horn and the buttons functional without messing wth the airbag harness and without cutting any of the wires.
    The only thing left to do now is to make the buttons lit up.
    From the tests that we conducted with the electrician, we need a separate harness to power the illumination for the buttons. Both button modules have the space for a harness but i dont know the code for it.
    The button plate has the code 6c0 959 442 and the harness should fit in the below space

Last edited by sean1987; 04-21-2015 at 04:34 AM.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sean. Would you be willing to share how you got this to work? I'm in Australia and want to fit a MK7 R Line MFSW to my 2013 T5 which has DSG/Cruise/MFD. I was told it could not be done because the T5 runs BCM and the wheel is set up for MQB.

If you could provide more detail that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Marc
    Last edited by marcrae19; 05-12-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Making the Mk7 wheel to work was not that hard, you only need an Golf6 multifunction steering wheel airbag cable and an electrician.
    The process is as follows: the cable has two plastic parts that holds the cable, the yellow part that fits in the cars slip ring and a black part that fits in the steering wheel.
    The incompatibility problem between mk6 and mk7 comes from the airbag cable. This cables are very different wires and because of this we had to change all the wiring( excluding the airbag trigger cables).
    We took the mk6 cable and we measured how the electronic impulses are transmited along the cable. For example: the yellow plastic part that houses the cable is comunicating with the black plastic part that fits jn the steering wheel.
    The black plastic part has a number for each cable( example: yellow plastic tab 1 with black plastic tab 3). The hard part is that the mk6 cable has all the cable the same colour and the mk7 has a colour for each cable. After mapping every cable from the mk6 we took the mk7 cable and did the same and i can tell you that only the airbag trigger is the same, all the other wires are completely different.

After switching the cables the wheel works, the only problem is that the buttons have no light, probably i need an extra cable.

Let me know if this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1987 View Post
    Hi,

Making the Mk7 wheel to work was not that hard, you only need an Golf6 multifunction steering wheel airbag cable and an electrician......
    After switching the cables the wheel works, the only problem is that the buttons have no light, probably i need an extra cable.

Let me know if this helps.
    post your autoscan please

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks sean, this is encouraging. It would be awesome if you could post or private message me the mapping that you did so i can copy it?

Cheers
    Marc

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    This week or next week hopefully, i will need to take out the mfsw in order to install a cruise control and then i will remap all the cables and post here the result.

Still, its really anoying that we cannot make the buttons light up.
    On the back of the buttons ( see pics in previous posts)there is a space for a cable that controls the light in the buttons.
    Im sure that those buttons work because the electrician "fed" some electricity through those square things and the buttons lit up. The only thing that i need is that cable.

Can somebody tell me what is the code for that cable?

Post Thanks / Like
    On the back is a socket for DSG paddle (Signal + illuminate)

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    So those two sockets are only for the DSG? There is no extra cable that works only for illumination?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1987 View Post
    So those two sockets are only for the DSG? There is no extra cable that works only for illumination?
    don't even imagine that might for something different than DSG paddle .