Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Passat 1.8T ECM pin 3

Post Thanks / Like

2003 Passat 1.8T ECM pin 3

I have no power at ECM pin 3. I cannot find any diagram showing this wire! Car towed in to install used ECM which it dosent need, runs if I put power to it. The door panel is full of used relays, which I noticed before I left so dont know if any of them in the car are correct at this point. What supplies power to pin 3! HELP! Im thinking FP relay, but cant find the feed in the diagrams what am I missing here?
    Last edited by VR6 Bug; 04-09-2015 at 07:49 PM.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is your auto-scan and please have a look at a WD at www.erwin.vw.com
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    There was nothing to scan. No power. Yes I know there may be clues in other controllers. I work for VW and have Elsa Pro for diagrams. Cant find any info on pin 3! Fuse S229 or J17 I belive are the culprit but why do the diagrams not show this? I believe fuse 29 was dead, but today was busy and it was to cold to work on this pos outside. Tomorrow is another day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is our Benevolent Dictator with words of advice? I've been a tech for a long time, but when I decided to become a VW tech I knew it was gonna be a game changer and a big challenge. I hated working on VW's till I bought one!

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude......... than you are Ray Charles because PIN 3 goes right to A104........... you know totally related........NOT!

Ever consider the back feed you are creating genius?

Time to RTFB your pro series. Page # 49/12

Respect is earned ...........it starts by conforming to the collective and posting an Auto-Scan.
    Especially people that think they are above it asking for HILFE!

Resistance is Futile!

I understand his eminence has landed at the aerodrome.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 04-09-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad ignition switch. You dont have to be so mean about it. It was cold and I didnt have much time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not Ray Charles just very busy at work. Hard to spend any time on one car. Sucks. Cant believe I didnt see that tho.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I didnt have an autoscan to post and I dont think Im above anybody here. Jackoff@european parts. I dont expect to be treated like shit when I come here to ask for some help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being treated like shit would of been not helping you.........like saying what are you blind........
    You have access to premium WD and you flaunt it........verse reading them.
    There are people here that would kill for that, verse have to go to Erwin.........so I'd say it's you shitting on the forum.

You argued why you didn't need to do things and I recanted to your statements that I believe you do.

I pointed out that indeed ................not only does PIN 3 exist, but also why you were getting the results you did.

Come on man you were back feeding the cruise control switch.........
    I don't care what manufacture cars you work on, you just don't and should not do that...........

The forum is not a magic answer query area and has rules.

The scan helps state attributes and you didn't say it's auto or which motor code etc etc.

Calling me names is helpful........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VR6 Bug View Post
    Where is our Benevolent Dictator with words of advice?
    At 10:00 PM? Maybe having a life?

Quote Originally Posted by VR6 Bug View Post
    Cant believe I didnt see that tho.
    We've all missed stuff on occasion; it happens.

Oh, and Jack is just being Jack. We love him anyway.

-Uwe-

PS: Moving this to General VW/Audi Repair since it didn't involve VCDS in any way.
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts, vwtech liked this post