Thread: Need help enabling a front viewing (infrared) camera w/Audi MMI 3G

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help enabling a front viewing (infrared) camera w/Audi MMI 3G

I'm looking to add a forward facing infrared camera that outputs NTSC video as a video input source to my Audi A5 MMI 3G system. The MMI has the green Fakra connector which is used for video input, but I need help with configuring the MMI to use the video input as a source to the in vehicle MMI screen.

I don't know if I'll be required to add a TV tuner to feed my infrared camera output to--or if I'll be able to directly feed the video signal to the green Fakra connector.

Does anyone have knowledge or documentation that could be helpful?

Regards,
    Mike
    Uptime

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mike,

I don't have any personal experience with that retrofit but you can post the complete Auto-Scan so we can see what this car is made of.

-Dana

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Uptime. At our shop we use the following part to integrate video into the 3G MMI system, no tweaks needed.

http://navtv.com/product/223/audi09-int-mmi-.html

That link directs you to a system used for internal MMI, a fancy way of saying your MMI selection stick is embedded in the radio face. If your MMI selection stick is embedded behind the shifter use the following system:

http://navtv.com/product/222/audi09-ext-mmi-.html

You can then feed your video signal into the device and then use the provided toggle button to switch to the IR camera at any time!