Change VCDS screen size and how to fix the TOO LARGE issue

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Many people wish to change the screen size of VCDS, here are the basics on this this....

FHJWZii.png

From the first screen of VCDS, click on [Options]

xE61EUM.png

Click on the [User Interface and Identification] tab.

tENMaaU.png

The default setting for the screen size is a value of "10". This is 640 X 480.

hIsQpuQ.png

You can type in a new value, up to "27", or slide the index pointer. A pop up window will show you the screen size for the new value as you move the index pointer. I suggest you make small changes, from "10" to "12" for example.

q1E13oQ.png

Once you have a screen size selected, click on the [Save] button. A pop up message appears informing that you need to shut VCDS down and restart it.

7bpQoLP.png

Oh poop! I made the screen size way too large and now I can't get to the [Options] button to change it back. No problem, click on the tiny VCDS logo in the upper left corner, and from the drop menu select "Delete config file and close". Confirm [Yes] and then VCDS will shut down. When you restart VCDS, it will be back to the original screen size of 640 X 480. You will also have to do a Port Test while plugged up to a car.

As noted, when making screen size changes, do it in small steps... from 10 to 12 and see if that is good. If not, go from 12 to 14, then 16 and so on. If 16 is too large, try 15. What works for you best depends on your specific computer and how you have it set up.

Last edited:
Back