Sticky How to get Verified

TSGTI83

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=205319 (NRRT)
Hello, I may have entered the wrong serial number of my micro-can unit. Having trouble getting verified. How can I fix this?

Regards,

Tyler

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Send an e-mail to Sales@Ross-Tech.com with the correct serial number and a link to this thread.

-Uwe-

TSGTI83

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=205319 (NRRT)
Ok, info submitted last week.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ok, info submitted last week.
I don't see it. Did it come from the same e-mail address that you used to join the forum? What was the subject of the e-mail?

-Uwe-

TSGTI83

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=205319 (NRRT)
Actually I think it was sent from my [redacted] address with the subject line "correct serial number"

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
with the subject line "correct serial number"
Got it now. The serial number in the VCDS screen shot you sent is from the same interface that you previously provided the serial number printed on the label from. It has never been registered with us. If you wish to be Verified, you must register it as explained in section 2) of this post.

-Uwe-

TSGTI83

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=205319 (NRRT)
So I bought this thing like 8 years ago, so I did my best on remembering where I bought it.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So I bought this thing like 8 years ago, so I did my best on remembering where I bought it.
We'll let that part slide in this case.

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

Down2Skills

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=373294
Done, thank you sir, i have updated my profile to include my serial #

KMA

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=491724
Have I provided needed info reguired to get verified? I have sent some info but don´t remember what.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Have I provided needed info reguired to get verified? I have sent some info but don´t remember what.
As far as I can tell, you have not. There is no match for the e-mail address you used to join the forum in our customer records and you have not supplied a VCDS serial number.

-Uwe-

passat4689

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192547 (NRRT)
I rented a VCDS from someone online thinking for $40 I could have much greater insight, which I now do. However, in finding the forum portion of the website, I assume by renting and not purchasing, I'd fall into something similar to the category below, is this correct?

3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I rented a VCDS from someone online thinking for $40 I could have much greater insight, which I now do. However, in finding the forum portion of the website, I assume by renting and not purchasing, I'd fall into something similar to the category below, is this correct?
Correct, but if you can prove it's a genuine Ross-Tech cable (not a clone) by posting a picture of the cable showing the serial number and a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of the vehicle you can still post in the New User forum and we'll still try to help you.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

chrisb86

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=118855 (NRRT)
If your status is something other than a "Verified" user, that means we could not find you in our customer records when you joined the forum. This could be due to one of following:

1) You didn't give us enough information. Perhaps you didn't provide a serial number, or maybe you're using a different e-mail address than when you bought your system. If you bought your system directly from Ross-Tech, you should be in our records. In that case, please e-mail us (Sales@Ross-Tech.com) and we'll look into it.

2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
  • If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
  • If you have a HEX-NET, please register it as described in the video in this post.
  • If you have a HEX-V2, please register it as described in the video in this post.
3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.

4) You bought an illegally pirated VCDS system. In that case, you're not really welcome here unless/until you decide to buy a real one. :thanks:

-Uwe-
Hi my status hasn’t been verified for months now, can you check it for me please?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi my status hasn’t been verified for months now, can you check it for me please?
That's because you're in category 2) of the first post in this thread. Please register your system as described there.

-Uwe-

chrisb86

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=118855 (NRRT)
That's because you're in category 2) of the first post in this thread. Please register your system as described there.

-Uwe-
Ah thank you. When I bought it he said he hadn’t registered it lol

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back