Sticky How to get Verified

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Thank you for purchasing a genuine (legitimate) RT item! Welcome.

masmaz

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Hi

finding myself with the pending account ... at this point I would like to understand what I am in possession of if a fake or a real one.

I sent an email with the serial ... I await the sentence

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
at this point I would like to understand what I am in possession of if a fake or a real one.
Which one did you buy: Hex-Net or Hex-V2 or one of the older ones?
Did it come with a CD?
Where did you buy it?

Reactions: Uwe

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I sent an email with the serial ... I await the sentence

Masmaz, welcome from the USA. I don't think the administration will make you "walk the plank" since your being upfront with your purchase. ;) However, its the weekend and that type of question will most likely be answered on Monday (Business hours); but you may get an official comment sooner (?). As QR inquired, answering the above questions may give us some clues ; also, feel free to post some pictures / screen shots of the Interfaces "About" screen. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I sent an email with the serial
It is a fake clone. Serial number show this conclusively, but so does the picture. The main product label is upside-down! :rolleyes:

-Uwe-

midwaycustoms

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=442116
Sure, but you joined the forum many months before you registered your product. As has been stated in this thread many times, the only way to address that is to bring it to our attention. Since you have done that now...

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-
Thank u. :)

mobilemaddness

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414473
If your status is something other than a "Verified" user, that means we could not find you in our customer records when you joined the forum. This could be due to one of following:

1) You didn't give us enough information. Perhaps you didn't provide a serial number, or maybe you're using a different e-mail address than when you bought your system. If you bought your system directly from Ross-Tech, you should be in our records. In that case, please e-mail us (Sales@Ross-Tech.com) and we'll look into it.

2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
  • If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
  • If you have a HEX-NET, please register it as described in the video in this post.
  • If you have a HEX-V2, please register it as described in the video in this post.
3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.

4) You bought an illegally pirated VCDS system. In that case, you're not really welcome here unless/until you decide to buy a real one. :thanks:

-Uwe-
I have the HEX-V2, I'm Sure I registered this when I bought it. It updates when there is one. I will boot my Diag laptop up now and check.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have the HEX-V2, I'm Sure I registered this when I bought it.
You did -- about 2-1/2 years after you joined the forum, which means it has to be brought to our attention, and now that it has...

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

GoCrackOneOff

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260920
Greetings,

Could you please verify my forum account so I can add a post for a missing controller map. My hex-net was bought directly from yourselves & is a registered unit with you guys.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My hex-net was bought directly from yourselves & is a registered unit with you guys.
Yes, it was purchased directly from us. The person who purchased it (and who it is registered to) has a very similar first name, but a totally different surname. I think we will need an explanation for this.

BTW, it is not necessary to be a Verified User in order to post in the New User or Reference Scans section.

-Uwe-

GoCrackOneOff

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260920
Yes, it was purchased directly from us. The person who purchased it (and who it is registered to) has a very similar first name, but a totally different surname. I think we will need an explanation for this.

BTW, it is not necessary to be a Verified User in order to post in the New User or Reference Scans section.

-Uwe-

As this is my personal details, I‘m not comfortable in explaining in an open media platform. Can I send an email to explain to your goodselves?

GoCrackOneOff

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260920
Absolutely. Sales@Ross-Tech.com would be best.

-Uwe-
Email sent to the address you have quoted, email subject is Forum/Account Registration. Plus I’ve also quoted the email address used for placing the order

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Email sent to the address you have quoted, email subject is Forum/Account Registration. Plus I’ve also quoted the email address used for placing the order
hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

R50JOKER

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=501083
Hello Uwe,

I'm also still seeing the "Your registration is currently under review. During this process you will not be able to create a thread. Verification is processed by a human and may take up to one business day."

Could you please let me know what else I need to do in order to be verified? Have I missed something or maybe done something wrong?

Thanks,
Steve

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

R50JOKER

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=501083
I think so, too.

Disregard my email in this case, I've sent a screenshot of my serial # thinking I've maybe used the wrong one signing up to the forums.

Thanks for the quick fix and "Guten Rutsch" !

Llewelyn1966

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=504757
Registered VCDS Lite, does this allow mw to be verified or not? Should be the same email as registered on the forum here.

Aha. Just found a place to add serial number to my forum account, for which I used what came in the activation email as VAGSerial, hope that's what was needed...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Registered VCDS Lite, does this allow me to be verified or not?
Yes, it does.

Should be the same email as registered on the forum here.
Right, but you joined the forum many months before you registered VCDS-Lite, and as I've said many times in this thread, we're not in a position to check every new order or registration we get to see if it might make that person eligible for Verified User status on the forum. So it needs to be brought to our attention, which you've now done, and...

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

B8boi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=530730
hello, entered VCDS serial on my account. Could you please verify?

Thanks

Back