Sticky How to get Verified

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't typically use real identity when signing up on forums.
We're here to fix cars, not do anything scandalous or subversive. ;)

I sent my real name to that email address.
hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

JS81

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248032
Right, I'm not concerned with giving my personal details here, just that out of habit, I don't. Thanks for the verification!

eke87

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
aut546b-0004c1-9c3464-679d08-wkhahh-56fc
Can you verify me?

redneckincanada

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210156 (NRRT)
If your status is something other than a "Verified" user, that means we could not find you in our customer records when you joined the forum. This could be due to one of following:

1) You didn't give us enough information. Perhaps you didn't provide a serial number, or maybe you're using a different e-mail address than when you bought your system. If you bought your system directly from Ross-Tech, you should be in our records. In that case, please PM me and I'll look into it.

2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
  • If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
  • If you have a HEX-NET, please register it as described in the video in this post.
  • If you have a HEX-V2, please register it as described in the video in this post.
3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.

4) You bought an illegally pirated VCDS system. In that case, you're not really welcome here unless/until you decide to buy a real one. :thanks:

-Uwe-
I can't send you a PM (there is no option) but I paid in full for my Cable and am not verified. I also remember registering it (8-10 years ago). I can't find a receipt in my emails, what could I search in their to find it?
I tried searching my emails by "Ross Tech" and "Vag Com" but only these forums turned up a response. Any ideas so I can post my issue?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I paid in full for my Cable and am not verified. I also remember registering it (8-10 years ago). I can't find a receipt in my emails, what could I search in their to find it?
According to our records, the cable you told us you have when you joined the forum (serial number ending in '8200') has never been registered with us.

In any case, there is no harm in submitted a potentially redundant registration, so please do so.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can you verify me?
Hmm. The serial number you put in your profile is from a cable that has never been registered with us.

But I found another record that does seem to belong to you. Do you have more than one cable?

-Uwe-

redneckincanada

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210156 (NRRT)
Hmm. The serial number you put in your profile is from a cable that has never been registered with us.

But I found another record that does seem to belong to you. Do you have more than one cable?

-Uwe-
I have the proof of purchase from the retailer. Can I send it directly to you somehow without posting it here?
It contains personal info is why I ask (credit card, address, etc).

eke87

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
aut546b-0004c1-9c3464-679d08-wkhahh-56fc

-Uwe-

Have had another cable before. That one is not functioning very well but I think I still got it somewhere. How can I register this new cable? It is bought from Ikatech Finland 3 august 2015.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have the proof of purchase from the retailer. Can I send it directly to you somehow without posting it here?
You do not need to send proof of purchase. Please re-read the first post of this thread and register your system as described there.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

redneckincanada

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210156 (NRRT)
Please re-read the first post of this thread.

-Uwe-
I did read everything. I have a Micro-CAN. No clue what a "HEXNET" is so other than sending an email with proof of purchase and a pic of it, not sure what else I can do here.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I did read everything. I have a Micro-CAN.
Really? What part of the following quote (taken directly from the first post of this thread) is not clear?
If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form
Is it possible that you are missing the fact that there are hyperlinks embedded in that text?

A Micro-CAN is indeed one of our older interfaces (other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2). So please fill out the registration form.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I didn't think something that was 6 years old was "OLD" sorry.
"Older".

The HEX-V2 and HEX-NET have been the only interfaces we've sold for 4-2/1 years now. So indeed, a Micro-CAN is "older". ;)

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Fuzk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=103589
I have a HEX+CAN cable original owner.
I have added the the serial number from VCDS to my account details. Will this get me verified, or will I further action be required?

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Greetings and Welcome , Please look > HERE <

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have a HEX+CAN cable original owner.
I have added the the serial number from VCDS to my account details. Will this get me verified, or will I further action be required?
Greetings and Welcome , Please look > HERE <
Yup. Category 2. Cable must be registered with Ross-Tech, but this has not been done yet.

-Uwe-

Fuzk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=103589
There is no number on the cable, but I cannot complete the form without it?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please post a photo of the label on your HEX-CAN cable.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There certainly should be. It should start with "HC49" followed by four more numbers.

-Uwe-

Back