Sticky How to get Verified

Gregk

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-045034
I did not buy my obd11 pro from you guys but if I pay the $100 can I get some help? I messed something up in my suspension settings on my audi and really need some help.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Hello.. .we are not OBDEleven. We are Ross-Tech, the creators of VCDS and VAG-COM.

You are welcome to read the forums and you may post here in the new user section. Until you become our customer, you will not be able to enter the rest of the forum to post. This forum is intended for our VCDS registered users. We are not here to support other products and services.

Doesn't OBDEleven have a forum? You mean, they just exist to separate you from your money and not offer any support?

No, you cannot pay us $100 for support on this forum. The entry fee is being a VCDS user.

Gregk

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-045034
Hello.. .we are not OBDEleven. We are Ross-Tech, the creators of VCDS and VAG-COM.

You are welcome to read the forums and you may post here in the new user section. Until you become our customer, you will not be able to enter the rest of the forum to post. This forum is intended for our VCDS registered users. We are not here to support other products and services.

Doesn't OBDEleven have a forum? You mean, they just exist to separate you from your money and not offer any support?

No, you cannot pay us $100 for support on this forum. The entry fee is being a VCDS user.
You think the vcds would help me correct my issue? I'm willing to buy it of it can help me.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
VCDS is used by professionals all around the world. Would they use it if it did not help?

VCDS does have access to suspension systems. Will it help? I think it will but you will likely feel I am biased and trying to sell you something.

So, let's see what others have to say and I will remain quiet.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I messed something up in my suspension settings on my audi and really need some help.
So, let's see what others have to say and I will remain quiet.
I'm not an expert either but, ... knowing that you have an Audi with suspension settings that can be configured almost certainly won't be enough for an expert to advise either.

Telling these things MIGHT help an expert to advise - what Audi do you have (model, year, engine, body type, ...), what suspension system do you have (air, DCC, ...), what EXACTLY did you do to mess up the suspension settings?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not an expert either but, ... knowing that you have an Audi with suspension settings that can be configured almost certainly won't be enough for an expert to advise either.

Telling these things MIGHT help an expert to advise - what Audi do you have (model, year, engine, body type, ...), what suspension system do you have (air, DCC, ...), what EXACTLY did you do to mess up the suspension settings?
Yep. This forum even has a place for such questions:

-Uwe-

yeahforbes

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN1-2H
Hi folks, the description of this "New User Forum" is "New Users (not yet verified) may introduce themselves and post questions here." Since I am not verified, I assume I should be able to post in the "New User Forum" but instead I am getting an error when doing so: "Your registration is currently under review. During this process you will not be able to create a thread. Verification is processed by a human and may take up to one business day."

Is that expected, and my question should go not in a new thread, but an existing one such as this thread?

EDIT: Nevermind! I noticed the error after clicking Preview, and I thought it was actually telling me I couldn't proceed, but I was able to proceed no problem.

Last edited:

Bimbasz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126932
Hi,
Can someone check my verification, I registered on the forum in 2014. and I'm still waiting for verification

Hooley

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
Just had to re-register and seek verification after i registered with my previous company email, to which i no longer have access.

A word to the wise - never register a personally bought item with a company email - if you leave it can really screw things up. :)
Form sent.
Thanks
Jason

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi,
Can someone check my verification, I registered on the forum in 2014. and I'm still waiting for verification
Fixed. Sorry about that.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just had to re-register and seek verification after i registered with my previous company email, to which i no longer have access.

A word to the wise - never register a personally bought item with a company email - if you leave it can really screw things up. :)
Form sent.
I'm confused. I can't find anyone with your name in our customer records and the HEX+CAN you provided a serial number from has never been registered with us at all. Did you create a new forum account? If so, what was the username of the old account?

-Uwe-

Hooley

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
I'm even more confused.
Just spoken to Gendan to confirm everything, they said to post on here.

If i plug the cable in to 2 different computers, one (a 10 year old HP laptop) says Registered/Verified with the long serial I put on the form, then the other computer (a Mac running windows from boot) says 'Revoked' and gives me a completely different serial number. Should I post it on here or email/message you directly?

Hex+Can cable bought in 2016.

Cheers
Jason

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

TheStigOnline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=424879
Hi,

Glad you're verified now and this made me feel better, as I've only been waiting since Monday night (cough cough, hint hint for anybody out there, please)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
as I've only been waiting since Monday night (cough cough, hint hint for anybody out there, please)
If you join the forum before registering a product with Ross-Tech, it's not always automatic and you may need to rattle my cage. ;)

-Uwe-

TheStigOnline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=424879
If you join the forum before registering a product with Ross-Tech, it's not always automatic and you may need to rattle my cage. ;)

-Uwe-

Danke,

And after multiple all-nighters trying to remedy vehicle related decisions, a cage sounds real good about now!

Thankfully, my relationship with VAG COM is tighter than ever, but still learning to love VAG group vehicles again :thumbs:

shawdow99

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=402863
Newbie just learning . Ontario Canada

2004 MK4 PDI

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score