Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get Verified

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Wow, yes, you joined a long time before you had a (legitimate) system.

You're Verified now.

-Uwe-
    Thanks! HEXv2 is really snappy compared to the old stuff

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I added all my information few weeks ago but I'm still not verified. Is there anything missing?
    thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crisredfi View Post
    Hi! I added all my information few weeks ago but I'm still not verified. Is there anything missing?
    thanks!
    Just addiing something to your profile after the fact does not generate any kind of notification to the administrators.

Now I have gone and looked at your profile and see that you have added a serial number -- from a clone interface.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Registered my Hex-Net last night but see no 'New Post' section yet. Am I missing anything? And better not be a clone or ilexa.co.uk are getting a stern call...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddyTat View Post
    Registered my Hex-Net last night but see no 'New Post' section yet. Am I missing anything? And better not be a clone or ilexa.co.uk are getting a stern call...
    I've known Derek @ Ilexa for a very long time. I promise you, he does not sell clones!

What you're missing is that there's no automation between the act of registering and the forum, and it's simply not feasible to manually check every registration that comes in against a list of forum members who might be eligible to verified as a result of the registration. So you have to ping us here, which you've done, and presto, you're Verified.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never expected it to be a clone and ty for the verification!

Now, to upload the Scan and try get help with my faults...

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently bought a new HEX-V2 interface from local dealer here in Finland (ALT-Control Oy). I am already verified user, because of my previously registered interface (HEX-CAN). As I got my new V2, I sold that HEX-CAN to another enthusiast and I have registered my new interface. Is there anything else I should do? Will you update my info, removing old interface and adding new?

BTW, on your list of distributors the link for ALT-Control is broken, their shop can be found at http://vcds.tech/ (it used to be turbotec.com but not anymore).

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika_M View Post
    I recently bought a new HEX-V2 interface from local dealer here in Finland (ALT-Control Oy). I am already verified user, because of my previously registered interface (HEX-CAN). As I got my new V2, I sold that HEX-CAN to another enthusiast and I have registered my new interface. Is there anything else I should do? Will you update my info, removing old interface and adding new?
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika_M View Post
    BTW, on your list of distributors the link for ALT-Control is broken, their shop can be found at http://vcds.tech/ (it used to be turbotec.com but not anymore).
    Fixed that too, thanks! Of course it would have been nice for the distributor to tell us that they had moved their site, right?

-Uwe-

12. Likes Mika_M liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe ,my HEX-USB+CAN comes from Hex Diagnostics ...https://www.hexdiagnostics.co.za/
    please let me know
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by audivwauto1 View Post
    Hi Uwe ,my HEX-USB+CAN comes from Hex Diagnostics ...https://www.hexdiagnostics.co.za/
    please let me know
    Paul
    Correct. That means you're in category 2) of the first post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
    • If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
    -Uwe-