Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Checking MAF 2000 audi s4

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isolate and fix the miss either from vacuum leak , fuel issue, or mechanical.
    Check timing!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 04-02-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes dubblrest1985 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a few minutes today to monkey around. I went into measuring blocks 15 and 16. At first, I was getting misfires on cylinder 4, around 10 of them. Cylinder 5 and 6 were 0-2 misfires. The longer the car ran, the more cylinder 4 seemed to misfire, up to around 20 at one point. I shut the car down, swapped ICMs to see if the misfires would switch to the other side. Same thing, cylinder 4, 5, and 6 with cylinder 4 being the main culprit.

Put ICMs back. Swapped coil packs 4 and 6. Checked for misfires again and none on cylinder 6, 1 or 2 on cylinder 4? I let it run and measure for nearly 10 minutes and the misfires never increased.

While I was in there I noticed that I didn't put the clamp back on the accordion hose yesterday when I swapped the n75 valve. I re clamped, went out for a few more logs and didn't boost past 15 psi AGAIN!?? Yesterday the boost was rising to 18-20.

I do need to check the timing and make sure nothing moved, but if it were timing, wouldn't the misfires be more consistent? FWIW I am getting NO CEL or codes in VAGCOM.

What is an allowable variance in deviation for boost pressures?

Post Thanks / Like
    No codes in deleted diagnostic stacks...................

Correct the mechanicals or isolate fuel injectors coil packs etc.

Run ground over lays to each coil pack is advised and new pulse trigger wires to power stages and a new B+ bus.

I bet under the boots to the coil packs the wires are shit and insulation is peeling or corroded..........
    Inspect them!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inspected under the boots top the coil packs, look great. No cracks, no corrosion. Looking in to checking the ground leads now.

Also poked around with a cab of carb cleaner on all of the vacuum lines to try and find any leaks that way, nothing detected.

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crank pulley lined up with cover mark, larger holes facing inward, and can bar slides right in. Timing appears to be good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Something is causing miss.........check fuel and filter volume/PSI..........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. I have a new fuel filter. I've been dreading putting it in though because I'm afraid of something happening to the tank, straps, and fuel lines lol.

Is there any other way to check fuel pressure besides what is started in the manual? I'll look up that gauge now.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would something like this be sufficient enough?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_S4-...e/Fuel/ES5701/

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope please reference the repair manual.............

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duo you have the regulator setup I can rent?