Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking MAF 2000 audi s4

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are 100% correct on the cheap tune. It was "tuned" when I bought it from a local guy. No idea what exactly the parameters and settings are. I am gathering the data for the codes now. and Going to figure out how to get the log data loaded for you to see.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Series 1 (Blue)= RPM

Series 2 (Purple)= Engine load

Series 3 (Red)= Boost pressure specified

Series 4 (Green)= Boost pressure actual

Take it easy on my charting, lol it's my first attempt. And yes it is a picture of my computer screen, my "shop" laptop wont connect to the internet.
    Last edited by dubblrest1985; 03-17-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the codes I pulled today. I should probably erase these and re check because the other day I did unplug the MAF while the engine was running to see if the engine sound changed. (just poking around mainly.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the misfire would be the first thing to cause a problem......
    I would investigate that.

The MAP sensor value tells me either the Y boot is leaking/installed wrong or you have a stuck closed waste gate maybe across banks

Keep in mind boost opens the WG via the N75
    If it doesn't allow boost to open the WG via the N75 , you will result with compressor surge a could be the cause of induced leaks/torn boots etc.

When logging boost...... I prefer in raw numbers.
    You can pick out deviations of 150-200 MBAR real fast side by side that would give you that limp turbo mode.

Someone apparently deleted the codes for deviation but forgot the limp mode........
    Your better off cause it saved the engine a head gasket maybe...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I had the N75 removed the other day, I did give the vacuum line for the wastegates a few shots of air to see if they were opening, the passengers side I could visually see was operating. I could hear the drivers side. Today after work I can get it in the air, and manually operate the wastegates, if I can get to them.

I will certainly look in to that cylinder 5 misfire, that one has me scratching my head. Think I should start with the coil pack and spark plug? I currently have NGK BK7RE plug in the car, probably 8k miles on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly my point.....
    Please post a complete auto-scan and look into what I have already stated.

Lets see if boost is being shut down with a log with the deviation in text....... after correcting the miss.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are referring to as far as the auto scan, but I posted everything related to the engine, that was via the complete scan. I have another code for headlight leveling switch and a central locking pump run time but...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I get home tonight, I will get the raw numbers posted. Just have figure it how to get that information from the excel spreadsheet to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCBt6d42-Fc

This may help............

There are reasons for requesting data a specific way.

It helps keep everyone on the same page.

You had no problem running your mouth "I have no codes" bla bla bla
    Then when you scan........ you absolutely do have codes, with the yet again crummy/data screen shot.

For the record :
    Codes are not the only thing being looked at...............

Time to follow directions
    STOP thinking what you think is not worth your time trivializing the requests.
    You are the one asking for HILFE!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-18-2015 at 10:07 AM.

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still don't quite understand why it is that you think I am lying to you or not showing you everything I am doing? The auto scan YouTube video is exactly what I did, I will copy and paste it when I get home from work to show you that the data I received from the scan is exactly what is pictured above. If I am missing something, please enlighten me via pm. Again, I appreciate your assistance but apparently you are under the assumption that I am not being upfront with the information and data I am showing and telling you.