Status
Not open for further replies.

dubblrest1985

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174293
What is FOD? haha. I'll run out and check the ECU part number. Can you flash the ECU remotely?

dubblrest1985

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174293
8D0 907 551 A is the top # on ecu

dubblrest1985

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174293
Ok, so there's a plus. The ecu is correct for the car as well. What do you charge too re-flash the ecu back to stock?

Last edited:

dubblrest1985

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174293
Jack, what is the operating difference in the fuel pressure gauge I posted, and the other styles you suggested?

Also, what method do you use/recommend for checking for vacuum leaks?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-VW-ECU...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0adf98f2&vxp=mtr

Jack, what is the operating difference in the fuel pressure gauge I posted, and the other styles you suggested?

Also, what method do you use/recommend for checking for vacuum leaks?

You need to see the repair manual and basics on how to check for theses things.

I like using intake spray which is non flammable
While observing blocks for Miss/Trims to verify deviations along with crimps to isolate zones.

I use foam and a mighty Vac. .........In tough cases UV DYE then wash engine bay and disassemble engine to find it internally with a UV light.

I also create a shrink wrap area to see if it blows a bubble on boost or sucked down area.
Garbage bag or balloon material with tie wraps/duct tape and watch for large pipes because it reveals it like inflating or deflating a balloon.

dubblrest1985

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174293
checked the green check valves. They are ok. Replaced the vacuum lines for those as well. Ran a few 2nd through 3rd gear pulls, touched 16psi and tapered to 14 psi. In 6th gear, going about 60 MPH, pushed the pedal to the floor to see what would happen when under load, speed increased to around 75mph and the engine spit and sputtered, CEL light flashed. Pulled codes and got the same as before with multiple misfires, 4 5 and 6. I did that twice, same result. Did a few more 2nd and 3rd gear runs up to around 6k rpm no issues as far as misfires or loss of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back