• Poll closed .

efrant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=185593
Hi,

What are the chances you could add Tapatalk support, so that we can access the forums using the Tapatalk app on mobile devices?

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm -- Let's find out how many people would use it..

-Uwe-

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Isn't the whole idea of Tapatalk that it formats forums into phone-friendly formats? And this forum automagically does that when it detects a mobile browser ... so what benefit would Tapatalk have?

efrant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=185593
Isn't the whole idea of Tapatalk that it formats forums into phone-friendly formats? And this forum automagically does that when it detects a mobile browser ... so what benefit would Tapatalk have?
I'm not saying it's needed, just that it would be a nice to have. (Although if no one is going to use it, it's pointless -- I assume there would be costs associated with using it.) I find the navigation easier in Tapatalk vs. the browser, speed is a little (not much) faster using Tapatalk, notifications of subscribed threads are more user-friendly vs. getting an email, and I can have Ross-Tech forums in my list of forums that I check everyday! :D

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
so what benefit would Tapatalk have?

Annoying pop-ups on mobile devices that try to get you to install the app.
When I see that happen on a forum it never gets visited again on a phone or tablet.

Just my 2 cent...

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
This poll is closed but NO. I'm fed up of users accessing forums for info on a phone. I know phones are very common use now a days but if you want info Google it. (other search engines are available). There are thing you can't do on a phone on certain forums like edit your signature, so they aren't that good.

Angel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=98003
Sorry, but I think that people say NO are not using it. I'm following several forums and Tapatalk is first thing I open in the morning. I have notifications, I can mark threads for notifying me if there are new answers, each option you want for being informed it's possible, and of course, in your mobile.

Don't think in big screens or marvellous signatures, Tapatalk it's a very useful tool for communicating, not for replacing the rest of the existing things. But from my point of view, say NO to Tapatalk is say NO to the future.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Sorry, but I think that people say NO are not using it.

If there is a clean way [read: sans crazy customization by Ross-Tech] to turn if OFF in UserCP on a per user basis, I would not be opposed.

say NO to Tapatalk is say NO to the future.

To the contrary wouldn't it be awesome if every forum visit popped up a notification for you to install an app to print a hardcopy out ? :D

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
One of our European distributors has experimented with Tapatalk on their forum and based on the 2 years they have been permitting it, the results are pretty clear. The frequency of replies certainly does increase, the ability to view content on the road certainly is improved but on the other hand the quality of posts also goes down. People tend to not read the entire conversation or miss crucial attachments. Since part of this forum is intended to be used with fairly big chunks of data (Auto-Scans being the most common denominator) it is simply not desirable to use Tapatalk per my experience.

I have been using it for other forums but never truly for anything VCDS related - it simply doesn't do the job right.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Another thing to cause clutter/misunderstanding.......I guess if you were advertising like in Whortex, it would be practical to have more morons.

Tap Talk Sux

Less is more

Last edited:

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
No thank you to Tapatalk. In my opinion, it's a bit of an advertising virus. I hate the way it nags you every time you visit a forum that supports it. Advertising does have a use for product placement etc. but I'm getting more frustrated with it cluttering everything you do nowadays.

Don't get me started on 'target based ads' and how they work...

Back