Not open for further replies.

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
OK, that's no so bad anymore.

Does this car actually have a rear control head for MMI?

What do you wanna work on next? One problem at a time please. :)

-Uwe-

Yes sir it has a digital head unit like the front does

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
The next thing I would love to work on is to see if #07 Control head unit is coded properly. I ask because I don't have Tire PSI initialize in my options like I'm suppose to.. the techs that installed my new tires a couple weeks ago couldn't get it to shoe up on the MMi and they said I'm suppose to have that option??? Is this so? thanks

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I think you need to code out also module 27 from can.

Also, you need to start curing Your car with actual part change. VCDS hands are becoming short in this case. ;)

Engine
1) Engine mount
2) http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18282/P1874/006260

HVAC
Rear Right Footwell Heater - internal damage, wiring, fuses...

Level Control
The sensor - change it or check for wiring

Roof Electronics
I'm not sure about this fault, but problably bad bulb in dome lights

Central Conv.
Faulty H12 horn
Replace License plate bulb or do you have some sort of non-canbus bulb?
Change luggage compartment bulb or again can bulb?

Parking Brake
Change brake pads and adapt. If changed then adaption is not done.

Headlight Range
Connected to level control fault

Door, Rear Left
Has intermittent fault, but maybe you have LED here again? Or have you replaced it?

Tire Pressure
You seem to have pressure sensorless tires. Therefore the fault

Telematics
Internal battey, change the entire module or find a electric that could change it.

Reactions: Uwe

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
The next thing I would love to work on is to see if #07 Control head unit is coded properly. I ask because I don't have Tire PSI initialize in my options like I'm suppose to.. the techs that installed my new tires a couple weeks ago couldn't get it to shoe up on the MMi and they said I'm suppose to have that option??? Is this so? thanks

SHOW up lol and that was the first thing dana said to me over the Phone and E-mail that that could be the problem not sure if this has to do with it as well but no matter what i do I cannot get my cluster to read in mileage instead of kilometers and I mean everything...

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
I think you need to code out also module 27 from can.

Also, you need to start curing Your car with actual part change. VCDS hands are becoming short in this case. ;)

Engine
1) Engine mount
2) http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18282/P1874/006260

HVAC
Rear Right Footwell Heater - internal damage, wiring, fuses...

Level Control
The sensor - change it or check for wiring

Roof Electronics
I'm not sure about this fault, but problably bad bulb in dome lights

Central Conv.
Faulty H12 horn
Replace License plate bulb or do you have some sort of non-canbus bulb?
Change luggage compartment bulb or again can bulb?

Parking Brake
Change brake pads and adapt. If changed then adaption is not done.

Headlight Range
Connected to level control fault

Door, Rear Left
Has intermittent fault, but maybe you have LED here again? Or have you replaced it?

Tire Pressure
You seem to have pressure sensorless tires. Therefore the fault

Telematics
Internal battey, change the entire module or find a electric that could change it.

Crazy the Engine mount one seems to be new and two at the same time???

Yes every bulb in the car was replaced by the last owner and installed all LED's but why not faults on all instead of just a couple?

Rear Right Footwell Heater - internal damage, wiring, fuses... I would say I would start looking for the fuse wherever that is..

Faulty H12 horn- I have a new alarm horn on order I took it out and noticed the batterys inside busted and melted the board inside...

Parking brakes is also a new one, I took the tire off and looked it seamed to still have enough pad left about the same amount of the passenger side rear and that is not triggering! I did do and adaption on the rear backs by the wiki video...

Tire pressure was a problem before I got the new tires, I got Michelin Pilot super Sport(1,300) Later lol..

Telematics?? What is this for?? where is this located? is this an easy replacement???
I feel like this car is full of problems lol....

I'll code out module 27 now and post results..

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
Ok won't let me code #27 I could send a screen shot but it started thinks for awhile than doesn't seem to connect. It goes right back to the spot where I click GO I get Module not responding..

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
You took the can gateway installation list and unticked 27?
Telematics seems to be under drivers seat. According to this site: http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-control-module-j526-pin-assignments-2609627/

I seem to remember asking, but not sure, do you have tire pressure sensors on your tires. Are they in condition and undamaged? They can be damaged very easily if wrong actions are used when removing/installing tire. At the moment seems that tire pressure sensors are unreachable by the TMPS module. I guess if antenna is broken following fault code we be available.

Actually your car fault are very minor compared to some cars I've seen. And they were middle class ones like Golfs or Passats, not Premium like the A8.

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
Telematics seems to be under drivers seat. According to this site: http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-control-module-j526-pin-assignments-2609627/

I seem to remember asking, but not sure, do you have tire pressure sensors on your tires. Are they in condition and undamaged? They can be damaged very easily if wrong actions are used when removing/installing tire. At the moment seems that tire pressure sensors are unreachable by the TMPS module. I guess if antenna is broken following fault code we be available.

Actually your car fault are very minor compared to some cars I've seen. And they were middle class ones like Golfs or Passats, not Premium like the A8.

No I didn't all I did is replace the code to the one you provided,
The telematics seems to be for a phone??? I don't have one installed do I need this for anything else??
I'm not sure about the tire pressure sensors because I'm not sure where they are located wasn't sure if they where inside the tire with the valve steam or what lol..
Also is this the correct part number for my leveling sensor? 4E0941285G I Don't see anything wrong with the wiring as far as I can see lol.. I do know the Headlight range is load when it I start the car or reset the DTC.. they do go up and down when I do a outtest

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768

#27 has a check mark next to it in install list...

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
For now lets leave module 27 alone. I didn't notice that can installation list said : 27-Ctrl Head, Rear -- Status: OK 0000
This, with message "Cannot be reached" in autoscan means that module is responding in can-bus, but isn't diagnostic capable.

When i viewed your car pictures, it seems you have metal tire valves, but just to be clear, make a close picture of it.

Telematics is USA stuff and i don't know much about it. It seems to be for some sort of emergency call or something.

Level sensor seems to be ok, but there's a warning.
When replacing the level sensors, you ensure that, for each axle, sensors are always fitted with the same index.

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
For now lets leave module 27 alone. I didn't notice that can installation list said : 27-Ctrl Head, Rear -- Status: OK 0000
This, with message "Cannot be reached" in autoscan means that module is responding in can-bus, but isn't diagnostic capable.

When i viewed your car pictures, it seems you have metal tire valves, but just to be clear, make a close picture of it.

Telematics is USA stuff and i don't know much about it. It seems to be for some sort of emergency call or something.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That module is horribly obsolete and probably still uses AMPS service. It also communicates via K-Line. Yes, K-Line, in a 4E A8! :facepalm:

-Uwe-

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
That module is horribly obsolete and probably still uses AMPS service. It also communicates via K-Line. Yes, K-Line, in a 4E A8! :facepalm:

-Uwe-

So I can assume it would be a waste of money replacing it?? lol Just let the fault be there?

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768

OK so if there is a warning there has to be a reason for it???? I know that my car adjust up and down without a problem but the headlight range is driving me crazy!!! What do you think I should do about that?

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Yup, it's dead Jim. Leftover from the VW - GM OnStar partnership, which itself was a leftover from the GM/Delphi litigation I believe. They were all analog, even though GM was already started shipping Verizon 2G units in their own vehicles at the time, and they were all kaput as of 2008 and the turndown of AMPS cell service. No effort was made to provide a migration path at all.

Looked at that scan again... that's hilarious that they had to bring a K-line to the DLC for that one stupid module. Everything else was CAN.

So I can assume it would be a waste of money replacing it?? lol Just let the fault be there?
Total waste of time to repair it, as it can't be made to work with modern cell service. You can leave it alone, or de-equip it from the car. I think you probably have a red light in the cabin telling you there's no coverage / a system fault, so you might consider pulling it. Long story short, you pull the control module itself and then re-code the CAN gateway to not expect its presence, so it's not throwing alarms due to the missing module. If you want to do that and you need guidance, let us know and we can help.

Jason

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Right. If it were my car, I'd pull the module and remove the corresponding entry from the GVL.

-Uwe-

BostonSlaya

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240768
Right. If it were my car, I'd pull the module and remove the corresponding entry from the GVL.

-Uwe-

Ok I'll do that! Great advice. I'll do it on my next day off. So the wiring just leave there to sit or pull that all out as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back