VCDS and Dension Gateway (Audi Concert II)

nmdenn2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=167085
This is the Dension Pro BT in a 2012 Audi A3 with Concert radio. I have checked 2E Media Player in the 19-CAN Gateway with VCDS. I have song name in the information display but I'd like to have artist name rather than "BT audio." Looking for a more robust ID3 tag. I do not have an iPod cable. I HATE the CD changer interface on the radio. I know it can't read out the song information like the display but I can't stand the CD changer layout showing 6 discs and a track number. Can it be something stationary like on aux input?

Also I think this is unrelated but I have a readout and a link to Sirius XM but no sound.

Last edited:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I don't know anything about that Dension Pro BT but I installed plenty of the 1K (Mk5 chassis) VW Golf iPod retrofit kits in my dealer days and you had to specifically move some of the 0F-Digital radio tuner wires from the factory radio connector to the retrofit kit adapter or the Sirius/XM radio tuner couldn't play sound. All ofter features would work, for instance you could tune-in to subscription channels and the display would work through the factory radio.

If you need any additional assistance with this please post the before and after Auto-Scans in addition to any installation instruction links from Dension.

nmdenn2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=167085
I had kinda forgotten about this but I figured out the necessary adapter for the satellite (that Dension fails to disclose).

So can the driver information display be edited with VCDS? If I turn the cruise on I lose what was already a meager ID3 tag. My $100 Pioneer deck in my Jeep is better than a $35,000 Audi and a $250 addon.... An Audi shouldn't need an addon.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So can the driver information display be edited with VCDS?
No. VCDS can only do things that Audi made provisions to be done via their diagnostic API and there's no provision for that.

-Uwe-

Back