MK5 fuel feed line at engine bay disconnect

MVB_

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164610
Looked through erWin and some other manuals and they all state to "Press the release buttons" that works fine for the other two lines but the feed has no release button, I suspect it needs some type of VW tool that is not mentioned........anybody knows how this comes apart. TIA

7fvYeso.jpg

MVB_

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164610
I got it this morning, I guess I was not trying hard enough because of a fear of breaking something and costing more money & time. You need to push that black ring collar into the metal quick connect while at the same time pushing down on the metal quick connect you will feel it release and then you can pull it away and they will separate.

MVB_

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164610
DrPeter thank you for that link, I was not sure how that tool would be used so a quick search brought up this http://www.vwgolf.org/plug_in_connectors-1809.html It seems to be used to support one end of the line to help in removal but appears to not be used on the quick connect itself, but as you can see in the search for that tools usage it also found some types of possible connector types and their release procedure:) I was dealing with Variant 2

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the details, I have seen the tool before, never really used it. I have used an open end wrench before to push the inner collar/release in to separate the lines before.

I found a tool (37300 Fuel and AC Disconnect Pliers) maybe it can be used to squeeze the lines together, pushing the release in?

drpeter

Reactions: MVB

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Sure full face COVID shields I like most.

Now they will be cheap and everywhere due to being overproduced!

20 USD

S1040_ProductImage_PrimaryImage_400.jpg

or extreme for nutcase..... at $230 USD

M-105.gif

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
I find spraying with a light lube helps a lot too.

And blowing compressed air in and around the connector to remove sand or dirt so the tabs release back more, works well underneath the vehicle like for fuel filters.

MVB_

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164610
.. and cover with a shop rag/towel so you do not have fuel going everywhere. Use gloves, eye protection, etc ...

drpeter

Yea I donned on the PPE not sure what I was going to encounter and to my surprise zero fuel leakage at that QC fitting, but I did pull the fuse for the Lpfp & module and ran the engine till it quit, but still I was suspecting something.

Sforza209

Reaction score
.. and cover with a shop rag/towel so you do not have fuel going everywhere. Use gloves, eye protection, etc ...

drpeter

DrPeter, hey may I ask you a few questions related to timing of a MK6 GTI?

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
DrPeter, hey may I ask you a few questions related to timing of a MK6 GTI?

Yes, you may, however please start a new forum post and we can reply to that thread, include a complete Auto-Scan and lets see what is going on.

Hopefully there is no rags stuck in the engine :p

Thank you,

drpeter

Back