Sanden compressor

jkh9355

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=413374
I give up. I have a 2011 Jetta tdi sportwagen with a sanden 1615 ac compressor. Recently I replaced the condenser and had the system charged. Apparently this compressor has no clutch but it does have something called a damper and it has separated and the compressor is not spinning. I’ll try to attach a pic. I tried to fix it once and it worked for a while and separated again. The damper doesn’t seem to be a replaceable part except for one website that offers a Chinese made replacement. Anyone have any experience with this? Any advice would be appreciatef

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As this seems to have nothing to do with VCDS, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
The damper is the designed to break if the compressor gets tight. Replace the compressor and have the system checked for debris before you ruin the new one.

jkh9355

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=413374
I bought a vcds cable. Says there’s nothing wrong

jkh9355

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=413374
Thanks. What I thought but wasn’t sure. Funny thing is it started after I replaced the condenser with a rock auto Denso unit. Hmmm. Hopefully the ac guys can tell me if it’s restricted which I hope not. It’s a pain to replace

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
What I do is inspect for the plague when it's apart. If one can't then run a set of A/C gauges with a sight port window and let the engine idle with the A/C on and open high and low side valves to watch the refrigerant flow through, if it's black then you gots a problem.

Back