Can't download and can't email author

technodevotee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339141
I was hoping to try this program out but I've tried to download it using the link on motor-talk.de several times and it is always blocked by Windows Defender because it claims there is a virus or threat in it (Trojan Win32:Wacatac.C!ml).

I've tried sending an email to the email on the same web page but get a bounce stating that the address doesn't exist.

Until I am satisfied that the 'virus' is a false positive or just a tool that Defender doesn't like and not a real threat, I won't go any further with it.

Edit: I have finally managed to get the zip to actually download and extract. So I have now been able to read the information that states there aren't any viruses in the zip file. I am fully aware of the fact that Defender is sometimes rather over protective but I would sill like to be sure that this is safe to use before unleashing on my PC.

Is there another way of collecting a set of results from VCDS that doesn't involve typing in all the ones I'm interested in every time?

Any input welcome.

Last edited:

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Hi there,

I can assure that there is no Virus in it.
Some scanners tell that because of the mechanisms for software protection that is used.

What E-Mail address did you try?

Reactions: Uwe

technodevotee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339141
Hi.

Thanks

I am satisfied that the the software is safe but it was extremely hard work convincing Windows Defender of that and it took three attempts to get it to download it, a further two attempts to get it to unzip it and a lot of jumping through hoops to allow it to actually run.

I will not turn off my antivirus for any reason whatever.

I sent emails to vcdscripter@vcds.de as shown on this webpage

Anyway, all I wanted to do was to create a script that shows (or creates a log with) the results of some Advanced Measuring Value locations. Is that possible?

Last edited:

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
That is not possible. Entering, selecting and/or logging of measurement values is not supported.

technodevotee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339141
OK, thanks @hadez16 and @Uwe.

That is exactly what I wanted.

Definite case of RTFM there wasn't it.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
If you aren't sure about the safety of a file, try uploading it to virustotal.com

They run it through around 70 different AV engines, so you get a good idea of whether an alert is a false positive.

Reactions: Uwe

technodevotee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339141
Thanks for that Mike. I've experienced issues with defender being rather overprotective before so it certainly isn't a new thing for me. But that is a useful tip that l will remember for next time.

Back