Golf 6 1.6 DSG stuck in 7th gear

marke21287

Reaction score
Hi Guys, firstly, I live in Mauritius so not many good car geniuses here.....

I have a 2013 Golf 6 1.6 DSG that got stuck in 7th gear. I tried putting the car through N,R,P and back to drive to no avail.

Over the past few months I have found that when I start up in the morning I cannot start the engine and put the car into reverse immediately as the gear is never selected. I have to leave the car to idle for ten seconds before trying to engage a gear. Then on initial pull away the car jerks, almost as though the clutch is engaging and dis-engaging until i get going and then everything is fine.

I have a Carly ODB reader and I have established that the transmission has a P1887 error which talks of a "tcc release switch circuit" but I have searched the web but cannot find any meaningful information.

There is a number of other errors that may be related although these are issues that I was aware of relating to a problem with ABS pick up on one of the front wheel bearings but this has been a problem since the wheel bearing was replaced a few months ago and I have been trying to ship in the correct bearing but with our borders closed this is proving a challenge.

Any guidance will help please?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I have a Carly ODB reader
Since this forum is run by the makers of VCDS and is intended to support owners/users of VCDS you're probably better asking on a forum intended for owners/users of the Carly reader you have.

Back