What side is 11-Engine II?

Foxgoku

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=299980
Hi all,

I"m working on an underboost issue...again. Previously, about 4 months ago, the tReg went to the shop to replace both Turbos due to a consistent P0299 error and eventually smoke screen action. Anyway, recently I started getting the same code again. I also have an exhaust leak that I believe is on the EGR system and may also contribute to this error. So, my question is the error I'm getting is on 11-Engine II but I'd like to verify what side that is when I start investigating. For reference I am in the US with a Left side drivers side Touareg. Thanks for the help.

p.s. could an EGR leak cause the underboost situation? The code will only pop up when I hit over 2000rpm and usually under a load.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On engines that use dual ECUs, things aren't always as straightforward as one ECU controlling everything on one side and the other ECU controlling everything on the other side.

I would suggest checking wiring diagrams for your specific vehicle.

-Uwe-

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
What Uwe said, and in erwin you can also find diagrams/see-through renders of vehicle compartments showing component locations, which you can cross-reference with the wiring diagram for 100% accuracy.

Back