2005 Bentley Arnage

Taipan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=411991
I have a 2005 Bentley Arnage , The service manual refers to this system for diagnostics . Unfortunately the system does not list my model . I when with the 7th and 8th symbols from the vin which are 4F . This shows as an Audi model and when plugged in I can call up the ABS controller but none of the others . The Gateway read comes up not responding . I tried the 2007 Arnage from your list and the 2004 Continental (3w&3Z) with no better results . I was able to use a login I got off another forum to enter a code into the ABS controller ( Was getting 778,1044 and 1348 DTC's) ,
It Accepted the code but Instill have dash lights on . Auto scan comes up not supported

Any suggestions?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The Autoscan is correct. The Arnage is not a supported platform by Ross-Tech's VCDS. Only the Continental and later non-Arnage based models are fully supported.

As we understand the Arnage, it has other than VAG diagnostic protocols used for diagnostic and maintenance purposes.

Reactions: Uwe

Taipan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=411991
The Autoscan is correct. The Arnage is not a supported platform by Ross-Tech's VCDS. Only the Continental and later non-Arnage based models are fully supported.

As we understand the Arnage, it has other than VAG diagnostic protocols used for diagnostic and maintenance purposes.

That is as i suspected . I dont suppose there are any workarounds I can try . Using the Audi 4F did seem to allow some access. Also I should be able to use the basic OBDII system shouldn't I .
It seems that as mine is a 2005 perhaps the 94 continental or 2007 Arnage might have some similar coding but I'm guessing they didn't upgrade the system in the Arnage until 2007 and the 94 Continental was a new system . Is this correct?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------

Taipan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=411991

Taipan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=411991
Thanks for your help

OK I was able to use VCDS system to successfully code my ABS control module and recalibrate the steering angle sensor on my 2005 Bentley Arnage T using the following procedure;

from the VCDS screen - choose "select control module" then
select " 03 ABS/Brakes" , after the module info comes up select
"Coding II" and enter 05195 for login you will get a login successful screen press ok and it returns to the controller screen then
select "Coding" and enter 0008695 in soft coding (top line) then press " do it" it will return to the controller screen then
select "Meas. Blocks - 08" either press the up arrow or enter 005 in the group box & press "go" make sure your steering shows within +/- 5.0 from 0 , then press "done go back""
You will return to the controller screen so select "Coding II- 11" enter 05195 press " do it" you will return to the controller screen
select " Basic Settings -04" enter Group 001 press "go" and "done go back"
next select " Fault Codes - 02" to verify no fault codes press "done go back"

Finally press " Close Controller , Go Back - 06"

Back