Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to create a complete record of new car (fresh from factory) coding and adaptation

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    Thanks Uwe,
    I just wasn’t sure if the code strings changed permanently due to changes.
    dgp: Arrhhhh........ I sense a man (woman?) with a disciplined personality and degree of prudent caution- both excellent attributes when entering the magical world of VCDS!!

If I may be so bold as to add Uwe's advice - don't tread too cautiously in the early part of your learning curve. There is much value in making the occasional (deliberate) error: it's a great learning environment!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    dgp: Arrhhhh........ I sense a man (woman?) with a disciplined personality and degree of prudent caution- both excellent attributes when entering the magical world of VCDS!!

If I may be so bold as to add Uwe's advice - don't tread too cautiously in the early part of your learning curve. There is much value in making the occasional (deliberate) error: it's a great learning environment!!

Don
    Thanks Don,
    I try and get an understanding of things before I stuff them up, which does happen on occasion.
    I agree though, that the learning curve takes on new meaning when you actually have to learn from your own mistakes.

Right now I am struggling to lodge code into a post on the VWW forum, even though I loaded my new cars virgin settings here in the same way. I did read a post or guide about it, but now canít find it.
    I will try the same thing here to see if I can get some help.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "^^^ dgp: I didn't realize that you come from the land down-under (where women glow and men chunder). I regularly contribute to VWW too - the protocols are very much the same on both forums.

To add code to a post (in both forums) simply type "[code]" then copy_and_paste the code then type "[/code]" (without the "). That's it - it's called adding "code tags". I've deliberately suppressed the function in the sentence above by using the "noparse tags" (something that Uwe unknowingly taught me) - but when done properly you should get something like this:

Code:
    copy_and_paste your code here
    Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don,
    I have posted the code in another thread https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...llspace-please

David.
    By the way, we are both Mexicans ( Aussie slang for Victorians), I am in Warrnambool but grew up in Melbourne.

6. Likes DV52 liked this post