New user with some questions

Yves

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just got my Ross tech Hex-V2 and need a couple questions answered:
I have basically 2 cars that I want to use it on, a 2014 A6 allroad bitdi and a 2019 A5 2.0 tdi.
By shortly sorting through the internet I found that the VCDS does require you to enter a security code. So what is that, is it different from one car to another and from one thing that you want to change to another? If, so where can these codes be found?

Is there some comprehensive manual for our vcds?

Thanks

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Firstly it's not VCDS that requires a security code, it's the VAG firmware in a particular module - plus not all modules require a security code and even those that do need a security code only require it for certain changes.

VCDS will offer the known security codes in a popup if/when you are prompted to enter one. VAG do not make these codes known, they usually have to be 'discovered' by enthusiasts.

Don't worry about security codes, in more than 15 years of VCDS ownership I've only needed to enter one a handful of times.

Reactions: Uwe

Yves

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Thanks Dave

Yves

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
I just did the disable for the start stop on the Allroad 4g. It did ask for the security code there. Worked like a charm.

Now I would like to do the same to my 2019 A5. How does it work on that one?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I just did the disable for the start stop on the Allroad 4g. It did ask for the security code there. Worked like a charm.

Now I would like to do the same to my 2019 A5. How does it work on that one?
If the SA code is known it will be shown.

Back