Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PDC vs PLA 1.5

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nicolai can you understand what's happen , from the auto scan that I have post??

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 RS5 View Post
    the 44 has been adapted for pla 1.5 - 2.0
    i change coding about tyres 1984 for 18 inch wheels
    the 10 park assist has coding for golf mk7
    I haven't yet had a chance to compare this to my PLA 1.5 coding (475 P module), sorry.

- You say that the coding in 44 has been adapted; good.
    - I did not yet change the tire circumference, mine was default at 2000.
    - I'm not sure coding it as Golf 7 would work. Your car is (I assume) five years old, so why would you choose exactly a Golf VII in the coding? This could throw communication error.

I didn't forget your thread, but I am waiting for a chance to plug VCDS into my car and grab the autoscan+coding. When I do so, I'll try to generate the coding in your scan and see if any options strike me as being wrong.

Did you try to scan the car to see if the fault came again after you cleared it this second time? On my retrofit, the first time I used PLA, it made an error like that in 44 - Steering Assist, however when cleared it did not return again, even though I used PLA.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nicolai, the reason that I use golf mk7 coding is that coding for O2 skoda simply not exist. I tried to put touran coding but it was impossible. I will send screen shots from the controllers choices. For your question about error, yes it came again.
    Last edited by 4WDDSG6; 02-25-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you send an e-mail to send you the screen shosts because i can not post them in the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I understand your coding (30010A) correct, then you have coded the following options:

Code:
    Byte 0 (first on left)
    Bit 0-3 - Trailer Hitch not installed
    Bit 4 - Optical Illustration Active (checked) (OPS)
    Bit 5 - Rear View Camera Installed (checked)

Byte 1 (middle)
    Bit 0 - Automatic Transmission (checked) 
    Bit 7 - Mute function Active (not checked)

Byte 2 (right)
    Bit 0-7 - Vehicle Model: Golf VII (according to your own statement)

All of the options are seemingly correct, providing you don't have a non-OEM trailer towing hook on the car. But I really don't think the coding for the Golf mk 7 (2012- and MQB) is suitable for an Octavia 2 (2004-2009), as I believe there are too many differences. Did you try any other coding options, like for instance Golf V or Golf VI, which could be more appropriate to your vehicle? For instance, choosing the model labelled "01 Model: Seat Exeo (3R2) / Seat Leon (1P) / VW Golf/Jetta (1K/5K) / VW Passat CC (35)" would seem more suitable to me, as these vehicles are all much closer to your Skoda in terms of age - the Leon 1P for instance being available from 2004 and the 1K/5K being the Golf V, so 2004-2009. Does that option appear in your module?

The resulting coding should be made via Long Coding Helper - if the model above isn't listed in your control module, please tell us which options are there. Choosing the above (if present) would result in new coding: 300101, but do not change it manually, as the "01" could refer to a different vehicle if your control module is meant for another vehicle pool.

Again; please let us know if that option exists (and what happens if you choose it)? And if not, please state the other options. Thanks.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://postimg.org/image/d0fa2vvhr/

http://postimg.org/image/wkk5ut0dr/

Nikolai i have send two screen shots with the available car coding in pla module

as you can see includes only quite new cars and nothing older , what do you think , may be is better to find older pla module ???

or it is possible to change sw in same ???
    Last edited by 4WDDSG6; 02-25-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the module can let me change the coding only in 2 models , today i change coding in golf plus choice to make a try....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoleise View Post
    If I understand your coding (30010A) correct, then you have coded the following options:

Code:
    Byte 0 (first on left)
    Bit 0-3 - Trailer Hitch not installed
    Bit 4 - Optical Illustration Active (checked) (OPS)
    Bit 5 - Rear View Camera Installed (checked)

Byte 1 (middle)
    Bit 0 - Automatic Transmission (checked) 
    Bit 7 - Mute function Active (not checked)

Byte 2 (right)
    Bit 0-7 - Vehicle Model: Golf VII (according to your own statement)

All of the options are seemingly correct, providing you don't have a non-OEM trailer towing hook on the car. But I really don't think the coding for the Golf mk 7 (2012- and MQB) is suitable for an Octavia 2 (2004-2009), as I believe there are too many differences. Did you try any other coding options, like for instance Golf V or Golf VI, which could be more appropriate to your vehicle? For instance, choosing the model labelled "01 Model: Seat Exeo (3R2) / Seat Leon (1P) / VW Golf/Jetta (1K/5K) / VW Passat CC (35)" would seem more suitable to me, as these vehicles are all much closer to your Skoda in terms of age - the Leon 1P for instance being available from 2004 and the 1K/5K being the Golf V, so 2004-2009. Does that option appear in your module?

The resulting coding should be made via Long Coding Helper - if the model above isn't listed in your control module, please tell us which options are there. Choosing the above (if present) would result in new coding: 300101, but do not change it manually, as the "01" could refer to a different vehicle if your control module is meant for another vehicle pool.

Again; please let us know if that option exists (and what happens if you choose it)? And if not, please state the other options. Thanks.
    http://postimg.org/image/d0fa2vvhr/

http://postimg.org/image/wkk5ut0dr/

Nikolai i have send two screen shots with the available car coding in pla module

as you can see includes only quite new cars and nothing older , what do you think , may be is better to find older pla module ???

or it is possible to change sw in same ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Strictly an aside, but why do people use cameras to take blurry pictures of their computer screens instead of just using the PrintScreen key? PrintScreen gets the whole screen, Alt+PrintScreen gets just the active window. Paste the result into the application of your choice such as Paint, which also gives you the ability to add annotations.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny