Problem Coding Remote Window controls on mk7 GTI

Doccutter

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=71879
Hi All,

I have a mk7 GTI, autobahn, 2017, manual transmission, Grey (not that it matters). I've made some good changes to my wife's mk7.5 wagon, and the mods worked out just fine. On mine, however, I followed the guide below, and I can't get the windows to roll up or down with the key fob remote. Most of the options they listed don't exist in my version of VCDS. I've turned everything to active that looked like comfort open and close, but still no joy. The changes "take", I can go back and the selections still say "active". Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Using the latest version of VCDS software. Thanks for any input you all might have.

Guide:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0R_NG46t4glTUlLb2xwX0R4QUk/edit?pli=1

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ ^ Doccutter: the instructions in your link were written by fudsey- a vortex forum colleague long before VCDS software changed the way that it reports adaptation channel names; the newer nomenclature has replaced the bracketed numbers with Tag numbers. Plus there was another change around mid 2016 in which VW altered their previous naming convention for many of the channels in the BCM. So - yes, there would have been some tribulations in trying to translate the old instructions into modern VCDS speak.

Anyhow, try this:
  1. fire-up VCDS and connect to the remote device
  2. From the Select Control Module screen click on 09-Cent. Elect.
  3. Select Security Access -16 and enter the magic number 31347
  4. Select Adaptation - 10
  5. Enter "Comfort opening" into the search box and select ENG141681-IDE02022-ZV Komfort-Comfort opening
  6. change setting to active and click-on Doit!!
  7. Enter "Comfort closing" into the search box and select ENG141681-IDE02021-ZV Komfort-Comfort closing
  8. change setting to active and click-on Doit!!
  9. Enter "Komfort oeffnen" into the search box and select ENG141681-ENG116652-ZV Komfort-Funk Komfort oeffnen
  10. change setting to active and click-on Doit!!
  11. Enter "Komfort schliessen" into the search box and select ENG141681-ENG116651-ZV Komfort-Funk Komfort schliessen
  12. change setting to active and click-on Doit!!
  13. Enter "einstellbar" into the search box and select ENG141681-ENG122994-ZV Komfort-Menuesteuerung Komfortbedienung einstellbar
  14. change setting to adjustable and click-on Doit!!
Don

Last edited:

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
If the car has KESSY, I would also recommend enabling the two "KESSY Komfort" channels.
I wouldn't want to miss KESSY comfort opening any more.

Reactions: Uwe

Doccutter

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=71879
Hi All,

Thanks for your help! It turns out, as I went to re-check all the settings, they were all already on active and adjustable. I think I set everything to where it was supposed to be soon after I got the car, I bought it new. So on a whim, I looked for fault codes. There it was: sunroof calibration fault. It’s been acting wonky since I first got the car. I cleared the code, ran the sunroof all the way open and all the way closed a couple of times. I noticed now that the button operates the sunroof differently now: holding the button forward only opens it, backward only closes it, it used to be it didn’t matter which way you held the button, the sunroof would just open then close. Anyway, now the windows work perfectly. Thanks for your patience and assistance! Looks like the fault code was preventing the comfort opening from working.

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
... remember, when it stops working again, check the calibration of the windows again!

Back