Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin0478

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195284
We are all aware of the methods of lowering via VCDS for the adaptive air suspension cars, but has anyone found out how to adjust the lowering speeds as for example in the uk and america we will never realistically and legally be able to maintain the 80 or 100 mph sustained speeds required.

Many days of searching have drawn a blank.

The speeds must be in the coding somewhere as the speeds do seem to vary on different VAG vehicles.

Gavin

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Hello Gavin,

The speed thresholds are hard coded in the control module firmware. There are a few 3rd party modifications/options available which will change that threshold though they are usually fairly expensive and include additional hardware and/or a replacement module. Nothing that can (or should) be changed with VCDS.

Gavin0478

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195284
Thanks for the reply, seems daft on a manufacturers part that they make all these things part of the vehicles but fail to take notice of the purchase countries legal speeds.

How many countries can you legally drive at over 100 mph!

All the modules either are an expensive way of fooling the car to think it is higher than it is, thus lowering it or another one i found just lowers the car from 0-45 then puts it back to stock height above that.

Last edited:

Gavin0478

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195284
Hi sorry to jump back onto this.

It's a subject that is still bugging me as i stumbled across more on adjusting the speed.

When the Q7 first came out there was a recall and update for Q7's with air suspension (UK) not sure about other countries for the shockingly high tyre wear.

The recall involved a slight geometry adjustment but a full adjustment of the speeds that the car lowered, in essence lowering the car sooner to counteract roll.
Not knowing how they perform software updates but i wonder can you edit a reflash?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can someone edit a reflash? In theory, that should be possible, but they would have to know what to change and where, and then how to fix whatever checksums they broke by doing that edit. It would be basically the same process as remapping an ECU. VCDS cannot do any of that. VCDS can only change things that the VW-Audi made a provision to be changed via the diagnostic API in the control module in question.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back