2019 VW Golf R - Unable to access module 56 - radio

SVG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=246095
I very recently got my new R and am doing some recoding. Everything, with one exception, has gone without a hitch.
The only issue I've had so far is not being able to access module 56 - radio. I don't remember exactly what the message was but it basically said unable to access.

Is there a way to gain access? (I'd like to deal with the in-motion messages).

SVG

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^ ^^^^SVG: Hi. I'm certainly not an expert on how VW America equips their vehicles (for reasons mainly based on my location), but I wasn't aware that NAR model mk7s had a hex56 module as factory equipment - but I could be wrong!!

Anyhow, one way to solve your riddle - post up an unedited copy of an auto-scan for said vehicle, please

Don

PS: How did you intend "to deal with the in-motion messages"?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Try accessing 5F Infotainment :thumbs: that's where the radio has "moved" to.

Reactions: Uwe

SVG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=246095

SVG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=246095
^ ^^^^SVG: Hi. I'm certainly not an expert on how VW America equips their vehicles (for reasons mainly based on my location), but I wasn't aware that NAR model mk7s had a hex56 module as factory equipment - but I could be wrong!!

Anyhow, one way to solve your riddle - post up an unedited copy of an auto-scan for said vehicle, please

Don

PS: How did you intend "to deal with the in-motion messages"?

Hi DV52 - I seem to recognize your username. If I'm remembering correctly you have forgotten more about coding than I presently know.

What I want to do is eliminate the in-motion-messages. They are designed to prevent you from accessing menu selections while driving.

Last edited by a moderator:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
As Don says we'll need to see a VCDS Auto-Scan to offer suggestions - see my sig for a link to a How-To

Back