Thread: Loss of power on acceleration

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Loss of power on acceleration

Hi guys, My golf mk7 2.0 Tdi is experiencing loss of power after hard acceleration, it feels similar to limp mode but no lights, codes, etc. It goes back to normal when left to roll for a bit. My first thought was the MAF sensor but I have replaced it and no difference. My suspicion is the fuel pump, Vacuum leak or the turbo. car isnít due for a service yet and I used a turbo cleaner additive but no difference again. Is there a way I could use VCDS to check for a vacuum leak, bad fuel pump or bad turbo?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Depending on what TDI engine is installed, you could see if there is any metal flakes under the N290-Fuel Metering valve.
    See the image below:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...CRpumpfail.jpg

Also there are checks and things you can test with the help of the "Official Factory Repair Information", like compression, etc...

Hope this helps,

drpeter

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change your fuel filter maybe? My tdi would ran like new when I did mine

5. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post an auto-scan and log request vs actual boost to see if deviation issue's exist?

Is car FOD modified with un-tuning and not posting a limp mode or DTC as a result?

Is car still under warranty extension or useful life warranty?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........