MK5 Jetta 2.5l Front Sway Bar Bushings

scarley

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Anyone ever changed a front sway bar bushing on a MK5 Jetta. I removed the four 13mm bolts connecting the bushing bracket to the subframe. I cant get the bushing bracket to budge. I am trying to avoid having to take out the sway bar or worse replace the entire sway bar. I heard someone say the front sway bar bushings couldn't be replaced. I find this hard to believe. Any help is appreciated.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
[h=2]MK5 Jetta 2.5l Front Sway Bar Bushings[/h]
Anyone ever changed a front sway bar bushing on a MK5 Jetta. I removed the four 13mm bolts connecting the bushing bracket to the subframe. I cant get the bushing bracket to budge. I am trying to avoid having to take out the sway bar or worse replace the entire sway bar. I heard someone say the front sway bar bushings couldn't be replaced. I find this hard to believe. Any help is appreciated.​

NOT VCDS RELATED!

RTFB.......

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

bobster

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=406029
I'm pretty sure you are going to have to lower the subframe to get it out. Gootoob VIDEO

One of my project cars has a toasted bushing at the subframe. Swaybar rattling around. They are "molded" on so not real easy to remove in the car. I'm not looking to buy a handling kit and a bushing sets are $70ish. FCP Euro has a NEW OEM swaybar with bushings and links for $125 delivered which is probably the route I'll go. Schlepping in the hot sun to save some money for a used one does not appeal to me although I DO have to get other items...

Back