Base Data

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
I have an Auto Scan and a block map of Advanced Measurement Values and luckily have no DTCs.
Should I consider recording other data as reference for future (unknown) application?

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
2015 Audi S3
Making progress logging adaptation channel files which I have saved in csv format. Please clarify for me whether a raw hex file is also required. My obtuse understanding is that csv is for human information and raw hex is what actually needs to be input in a control module. Is that correct?
Some observations which might be to interest to other new users:
1. I logged adaptation maps with engine off and a NOCO G7200 charger set to 13.6 V constant supply. Rated current is 5A. During the test battery voltage remained at about 12.3 V and the major electrical consumers were turned off except the Daylight RL's. Prior to the test batt. measured 12.56 V. After the test G7200 took 1.5 hours to slow charge to full. Because I used both the old and new PC's to cress check the test took 2 hrs.

2. VCDS on the new laptop worked without a hitch. Of course the old logs on the old PC stayed on the old PC

3. I could not open the new csv files on the new PC b/c of Microsoft Office 365 pop- up ads (new files on old PC were fine). I am using Office 2010. I uninstalled the Office 365 app, restarted the PC and saved the csv files as Excel workbooks. All good now, I can open the files from File Explorer.

I considered putting the car to sleep by simulating driver door locked condition but didn't do it. I had asked here if doing so would affect measurements an got a smart a** answer from that guy.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please clarify for me whether a raw hex file is also required. My obtuse understanding is that csv is for human information and raw hex is what actually needs to be input in a control module. Is that correct?
Yes, it is. CSV is for human interpretation, whereas Raw Hex is intended as a "backup" that can be restored to the module (or a replacement module).

-Uwe-

Back