0 Number of adapted Keys
0 Variable Code authorized
0 Key Status (Transponder)
0 Fixed Code authorized
N/A Immobilizer Status
N/A Immobilizer Communication
Engine 1 Engine
ABS 1 Brake Electronics (J104)

Explain tool used or how you got SKC or did it come with car key tag?

Any FOD?

eTu9lha.png

Something is a catcher in the eeprom rye?

Well it appears you have no keys :)

If cluster is in error that might be possible for channel being in lock time.

Okay lets try this.

Hook up battery charger.......1.5-2 AMP turn all consumers OFF in car.

Setup VCDS config and setup tester as detailed below and save it!

options-2.png

Try to re-code and see if login takes make all in red below reflect 03743 as above!

0x01-07-06500
0x17-07-04332
0x19-07-00006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: 06A-906-032-AWD.lbl
Part No: 06A 906 032 CL
Component: 1.8l 5V 110kW TLG V004
Coding: 06500
Shop #: WSC 03037

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 17: Instruments Labels: 1J0-920-xx5-17.lbl
Part No: 1J0 920 805 J
Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. BOO V01
Coding: 04332
Shop #: WSC 93286

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 6N0-909-901-19.lbl
Part No: 6N0 909 901
Component: Gateway K<->CAN 0001
Coding: 00006
Shop #: WSC 01317

Now login with SKC and WAIT KEY ON 30 minutes. BATTERY CHARGER HOT!

Then go to 0x17-10-021 and set key count again to 0 and save report back if its still in error?

Last edited:

Schaefer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196059
17 instruments will not change WSC it will change coding but not WSC, the other 2 changed fine

Also, I got SKC with vag EEPROM programmer after this immo issue happened

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Something is Fubar!

Try what I said anyway if not send me all keys cluster and ECU as aforementioned if you want to take advantage of what i offered?

So how did you get SKC and or what tool did you use to read it?

Sounds like an offset address........

Schaefer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196059
Something is Fubar!

Try what I said anyway if not send me all keys cluster and ECU as aforementioned if you want to take advantage of what i offered?

So how did you get SKC and or what tool did you use to read it?

Sounds like an offset address........

VAG EEPROM programmer, I used it about a week after this IMMO issue happened. Never had anything besides VCDS hooked up to my car before hand.

Also, my car is APR tuned if that makes any kind of difference but the tune has been in the vehicle for over 10 years

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
VAG EEPROM programmer, I used it about a week after this IMMO issue happened. Never had anything besides VCDS hooked up to my car before hand.

Also, my car is APR tuned if that makes any kind of difference but the tune has been in the vehicle for over 10 years

Well that explains it.......FOD tampering & APR lock outs thinking you did something to read their crap.

eTu9lha.png

Offer for immo defeat withdrawn since ECU is tampered but I could help you return it to a comporting device if interested and fix cluster F$%#!

Schaefer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196059
This immo issued happened before reading anything though OBD port.

I've been driving the car all spring/summer. Drove the car home Friday. Drove the car again Saturday and Sunday, car sat Monday, went to start car Tuesday morning and immo instantly kicked off engine.

I only hooked up VCDS and Vag eeprom programmer after this happened. So there is no way the APR tune locked out.

The APR lockout doesn't prevent the vehicle from starting, it just prevents reading and writing over their tune in the ECU only.

Also reading cluster eeprom with vag eeprom programmer is not the cause of immo issues since it was used over a week after the immo issue happened

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This immo issue happened before me reading anything though. I've been driving this car all spring/summer, drove it home from work on Friday night, drove it again Saturday and Sunday, didn't drive it Monday, went to start it Tuesday morning and Immo instantly kicked off engine.

Haven't hooked anthing into the OBD port all year until this happened.

So how would the APR tune lock out when nothing was read?

Oh no more run on sentence questions, anyone see where I'm going with this?

It might not of, however, immobilizer is out of sync right, so isn't when the Immobilizer is out on other side and APR typically locks down an ECU correlated to data in immobilizer and VIN if supported and not in this one, but to eeprom itself, does it do some hash x-sum stuff to authorize the program in addition to what the ECU already does from factory, you know like coding tiers to effectively become a defeat device if configured without conformity? :rolleyes:

Did you just read the false patent as displayed at USPTO, or other web areas, since is technically a revoked patent or mark & instantly, since engages in a sole use which is to purport unlawful acts and without an exemption for CARB or EPA as defined as a defeat device and sole use has been established in statistical commerce to purport a none other than, a AECD defeat device?

https://patents.justia.com/patent/6633807

Just what is "inequitable conduct" ?

https://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s2016.html

Last edited:

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Key is not adopted , so ECU has nothing to do with it at this point.
If his key is adopted then we could say ECU is problem.
On Immo 2 you can have Immo off, remove ECU , key will adopt it , it does not care about ECU being "LOCKED" or Not .Meaning you will be able to program key whether ECU is Locked or Not it will not bother key programing.

How ever Immo 2 will set Lock out time in Instrument cluster but you will not be able to see it like in Immo 3 . My suggestion is , put battery charger On, and leave Ignition ON for 1 hr .
Then after that try to program keys with SKC.

But most likely you have problem with cluster. At this point car is 19 years old and Immo off with fixing LED in cluster( to stop flashing all the time) will be your best option.

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Marin,

You are correct if the ECU was stock, in this case it is not stock.

Schaefer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196059
Key is not adopted , so ECU has nothing to do with it at this point.
If his key is adopted then we could say ECU is problem.
On Immo 2 you can have Immo off, remove ECU , key will adopt it , it does not care about ECU being "LOCKED" or Not .Meaning you will be able to program key whether ECU is Locked or Not it will not bother key programing.

How ever Immo 2 will set Lock out time in Instrument cluster but you will not be able to see it like in Immo 3 . My suggestion is , put battery charger On, and leave Ignition ON for 1 hr .
Then after that try to program keys with SKC.

But most likely you have problem with cluster. At this point car is 19 years old and Immo off with fixing LED in cluster( to stop flashing all the time) will be your best option.

Basically boiled down to being a bad cluster. A VW/audi dismantler I deal with a lot, near me, was kind enough to let me test out a stock AWD ECU and did the same thing after adapting and fiddling.

I tried waiting an hour with key on with both ECU's and no matter what when changing value to any number when adapting keys it still gave me an Test Value = ERROR.

I ended up getting a Unitronic IMMO delete as it was cheaper than getting a cluster and getting it programmed. The techs there said it's not uncommon and have replaced clusters for this issue before.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Basically boiled down to being a bad cluster. A VW/audi dismantler I deal with a lot, near me, was kind enough to let me test out a stock AWD ECU and did the same thing after adapting and fiddling.

I tried waiting an hour with key on with both ECU's and no matter what when changing value to any number when adapting keys it still gave me an Test Value = ERROR.

I ended up getting a Unitronic IMMO delete as it was cheaper than getting a cluster and getting it programmed. The techs there said it's not uncommon and have replaced clusters for this issue before.

I have seen many clusters go bad this way , and very rare that ECU has problem in 15 years.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I have seen many clusters go bad this way , and very rare that ECU has problem in 15 years.

Still doesn't change the fact that the tuning would of prevented operation too, in addition to cluster and that is why OP changed tuners isn't it? :rolleyes:

Schaefer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196059
Still doesn't change the fact that the tuning would of prevented operation too, in addition to cluster and that is why OP changed tuners isn't it? :rolleyes:

Actually, I didn't change tuners. I still have my APR tune which was untouched. The unitronic dealer contacted unitronic before deleting immo to see if deleting immo in an APR ECU would have any effect on the tune and they said the tune would be untouched.

Also the fact that I installed a stock AWD ECU and did the exact same thing.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Actually, I didn't change tuners. I still have my APR tune which was untouched. The unitronic dealer contacted unitronic before deleting immo to see if deleting immo in an APR ECU would have any effect on the tune and they said the tune would be untouched.

Also the fact that I installed a stock AWD ECU and did the exact same thing.

Correct the tune in "Flash" would be untouched, however, did you know if a hash was supported & present in the eeprom & that may have an affect if the ECU is programmed with switch able tiers, in some cases this can put the ECU or flash in a limp mode was my concern & similar to coding tables in eeprom?

Did you know it may or may not support such a look up table, which is why I pointed it out and the data to one of the false passed no conforming USPTO patents as an example?

Back