Audi A4 2020 - tweaking

knfevg

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hello Everybody,
I got an old cable (I think it's called HEX?). I know that the newer cars (2020) need the new cable for some features but I was sure that not for everything.
I'm trying to code several things based on this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...faN6W70vDmG4MjDUXM/mobilebasic#h.ubuo04qu1hs7

1. LAP time - successful
2. Parking brake auto engage - succesul
3. Easy entry/exit - My drivers seat module is 4m6959760 and there are no labels for the long coding. I found in one of the forums that I need to change Byte3/Bit 1 and Byte 9 bit 6. When I do change them and try to code I get the "Coding rejected error 31"
4. Chime on lock/unlock of the car - module 46 isn't accessible
5. I'm also looking for the coding (didnt find it yet) how to enable 2 bluetooth phones. If you know please help me out.
6. Access code for the 5F module. The old key generators for the code doesnt seem to work...

OBDEleven seems to know how to do all of the above but I dont want to be buying another hardware/software.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I got an old cable (I think it's called HEX?)
Nearly all the genuine cables are called HEX-something (bar the very oldest ones). If it's an old cable (probably a HEX-CAN) then you really need to take advantage of the upgrade program to a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET otherwise there will be controllers on your new 2020 A4 that you can't access at all and some where you won't get full diagnostics (because VAG have added new protocols and messages that the older cables simply cannot be updated to handle).

Post a full unedited Auto-Scan made with your cable and you (and we) will see what I'm talking about ;)

Reactions: Uwe

knfevg

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Thanks for the reply. Can it be that I get the error 31 due to having the older adapter?
Here is my scan
Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Can it be that I get the error 31 due to having the older adapter?
More likely is that the information about which byte/bit to change doesn't apply to your 2020 model - VAG made many, many changes.

knfevg

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
My system is legit... Is that's at least what the seller told me...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My system is legit... Is that's at least what the seller told me...
Well the makers of the product are telling you it isn't.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Is that's at least what the seller told me...
You need to report the seller for selling counterfeit goods and ask for a full refund.

knfevg

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
didnt buy it online. Will go visit them next week to "discuss" the situation....
Anyway, when I get the original one, will I be able to do the coding that I'm looking to or it looks like I have to wait until the changes that were made by VAG will be figured out?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Anyway, when I get the original one, will I be able to do the coding that I'm looking to or it looks like I have to wait until the changes that were made by VAG will be figured out?
Your best way to answer that question is to join an Audi owners forum and ask other 2020 A4 owners - the changes that can be done are often vehicle specific and other owners are usually the first to discover how/what changes can be done.

Back