VW EOS Cabriolet - Top Operation via Basic Settings

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
I want this vcds option to work, I've read the notes and I'm an EOS expert:
VAS offers the options with guided fault finding.
My EOS roof module data file is 1Q0-959-255-clb
My roof is fully functional with no VCDS or VAS errors

I can gain access to Basic Settings using the security access code.
If I start the test (top right button) the sunroof opens the full distance and stops.
The screen has some activity but there is no acknowledgemet of 'Done' to move to the second step.
There is nothing on the screen indicating the BS step number e.g BS 010 for open sunroof first step
Something is odd about the sequence because 1/2 second before the sunroof starts normal opening, a CAN command should lower all windows and they don't move?
Further steps in the roof cannot be executed if the windows haven't lowered! I can try repeating after manually lowering all windows?

Help please as to what I'm missing because it saves me bulding a simple box in hardware with a multiway switch for each step sequence to control the pump, its direction and solenoid valve selection.
Also, Are the Basic Settings steps excecuted strictly in order or can an individual step be executed alone e.g release roof locks or control tailgate locking?

I installed the latest software version but nothing changes on the Roof Module GUI.

Thanks

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...Operation-via-Basic-Settings-(DO-NOT-DO-THIS)

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
Anybody using this 'engineering' function and got it working?

ReefMaster

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=527228
The codes were different on my 2012 Australian EOS. I will post shortly with the codes. I had to use the basic settings to close the roof as the system said “take to workshop” . The vehicle did come home on a tilt tray as my vcds with hex net was at home. So glad for the roadside assist free metro towing.
When the roof top situation occurs - definitely not a good experience but thankful that it was just a steel cable (that controls the right hand side flap had detached from its “crimp” .

Back